Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fish and Chips

124»

Comments

• Options
    https://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-tom-bell-new-orpington-br6/menu?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwJuVBhCAARIsAOPwGAT3Odr3Os734hxxffGrjg_mkNZ45GMuWw4PL_8a50j6fir1JumPv7oaAqKbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

My local chippy.

Fried fish is good Jewish food by the way and one of the few foods not rationed during WW2.

Love fish and chips and I go a bit Northern and have mushy peas which should count as one of my five a day so keep RCT happy 😊 

It's not the very cheap option it once was but compared to say Wagamama, which I love, it's still more affordable.

Surely Salisbury’s in Salisbury Road is fairly close to you.
    When I lived in Bromley I would often pop over there.
    Top class f&c takeaway.
    5 minute drive but Tom Bell is 2 mins walk. 
  • Options
    Reading this thread the phrase "could have a fight in a room on his own" occurs to me.
    Someone getting battered.
  • Options
    Golden Chippy in Greenwich is my favourite - always have mushy peas.
  • Options
    We have fish n chips every Friday.  Before Christmas the cod was £5.50 then went up to £6 in the New Year, and to £8 in February. 

The chippy we use in Beckenham does a really tasty grilled alternative for those not so keen on batter.
  • Options
    I can still work my way through an average pizza, Chinese or Indian with no drama, but ‘bad’ fish and chips is sooo disappointing. 

Love it, my regular shop is a cracker. Have it about once a month/ six weeks, but would have it every Friday if not such an outlay. 
    We very rarely have takeaways so if we get a bad one it’s very disappointing. Especially fish and chips because they’re so unhealthy.