Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Memories ........... will we see the like again?

Comments

• Options
    Remember that one. Wasn't it a very late winner?
  • Options
    Still one of my very favourite ever CAFC goals!
  • Options
    Weren't Huddersfield down to ten men really early and we let them equalise before this winner. 

We were experimenting with O' Connell in the hole position. We were dire. 4 days later we lost 4-0 at Barnsley and that was the only time Curbishley out shouts came from our supporters. 
  • Options
    Weren't Huddersfield down to ten men really early and we let them equalise before this winner. 

We were experimenting with O' Connell in the hole position. We were dire. 4 days later we lost 4-0 at Barnsley and that was the only time Curbishley out shouts came from our supporters. 
    That chant was started by a bloke I still see at games and a woman who used to go to a lot of games in that era, disappeared, then turned up on a documentary a few later which featured Steve Claridge at Millwall with her as a fan of them!
  • Options
    I think ‘diving header’ is a bit generous!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Uboat said:
    Well he dived and he headed it ;)
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Well he dived and he headed it ;)
    Didn’t it come off his shoulder?
  • Options

Brendan O'Connell. He was shit, right? I remember him as being shit, but i wasn't that old when he was playing for us and my memory plays tricks on me.
  • Options
    I can confirm big Bren was shit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Any one else spot Webster(?) giving the No9 a celebratory kick up the arse in that clip.
  • Options
    Was pulled over for speeding in Bexleyheath Broadway on the way home from that game. Got off with a warning when I apologized and explained my speed was due to the adrenaline still pumping round my body from celebrating that goal :smiley:
    I was pulled over for speeding on Academy Road Woolwich (common), on the way home from the town hall meeting, announcing we were returning to The Valley.
    I got off with a warning when I apologised and explained my speeding was due to adrenaline still pumping from celebrating the outcome.
  • Options
    I can confirm big Bren was shit. 
    Mark Mansfield stated on RTM he was his vote of Player of The Year above Kinsella!