Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Urgent house help required

Friend of mine has had issues with the completion on moving into his new house and urgently needs to find somewhere.

If anyone knows of a vacant house available (3 or 4 bed) for a six month rent, or a good local company to try for urgent immediate rental please let me know.

Someone suggested airbnb but not sure how cost effective that would be for 6 months? 

Comments

• Options
    Airbnb is unlikely to be cost effective. However, a friend of mines brother recently had a similar issue and did speak to a landlord and they gave him a decent deal on a monthly rolling rental agreement. So could be worth a shot as nothing to lose. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Village Estates in Sidcup - I'm told they are very good & helpful.https://www.village-estates.com/properties-to-let 

Open Rent website as well apparently. https://www.openrent.co.uk/ 

thepropertycloud as well. https://thepropertycloud.uk/
  • Options
    Friend of mine has had issues with the completion on moving into his new house and urgently needs to find somewhere.

If anyone knows of a vacant house available (3 or 4 bed) for a six month rent, or a good local company to try for urgent immediate rental please let me know.

Someone suggested airbnb but not sure how cost effective that would be for 6 months? 
    Unbelievable. I've never understood why, in England, there is no signed agreement when a sale is agreed.

Are there any other countries that don't do this?

It's the biggest purchase in life with huge consequences if someone pulls out so the party who does so should pay compensation.
    Agree with this, I know countless people who have lost thousands because someone decided to pull out. Personally I lost about 4 months selling my flat after someone pulled out on day of exchange ended up selling it for about £5k less as need to move before my daughter was born!
  • Options

Unbelievable. I've never understood why, in England, there is no signed agreement when a sale is agreed.

It's the biggest purchase in life with huge consequences if someone pulls out so the party who does so should pay compensation.
    There usually are consequences to not completing.  It’s a shame there aren’t when people pull out before signing after you’ve spent money on solicitors, conveyancing, surveyors, et cetera.
  • Options

There is your answer. Seem to get everything arse about face here.