Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2022

Comments

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    He meant today, posted overnight.  Norrie is on Court 2 today.

As you say, tomorrow's order of play won't be announced until this afternoon/evening.

We're going tomorrow too but Court 1.

Suspect you may see Swiatek, Serena Williams, and Nadal if I had to guess.

Tomorrow's order of play

We've barely begun on day one of Wimbledon, but the order of play is already out for the show courts tomorrow.

Here it is so you can start planning your Tuesday.

Centre Court - from 13:30 BST

Iga Swiatek v Jana Fett

Francisco Cerundolo v Rafael Nadal

Serena Williams v Harmony Tan

Court One - from 13:00 BST

Matteo Berrettini v Cristian Garin

Karolina Muchova v Simona Halep

Alexander Ritschard v Stefanos Tsitsipas

That’ll do me nicely, thank you very much. Best female in the game at the moment, the legend that is Rafa and a potential ‘goodbye’ to Serena. Looks dry too so can cram in a morning match on the outside courts before the main events on Centre Court. Looking forward to my day in SW19.

Also, anyone with Court 1 tickets has done well with Berretini, Halep and Tsitsipas on the menu.
    Yeah I'm very pleased with it.

I really like Halep and Berrettini, and those 2 have reasonable opponents too.

Tsitsipas will be interesting, but not sure we'll see the best of him on grass, plus Ritschard doesn't look too hot an opponent (but who knows?), first ever GS 1st round at 28.

Centre looks good tomorrow, you never know, could be watching Rafa and Serena both at their last Wimbeldons.
  • Options
    Djokovic breaks for a 3-2 lead... and Kwon was looking good up until that point.
    Good to see he's not had it all his own way.

Hoping someone (anyone!) can beat him.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Emma Raducanu through 6-4 6-4
  • Options
    Murray loses the first set, 6-4.
  • Options
    Won the second set 6-3... going to have to see how he handles these four and five setters.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Day one Brit interests…

Norrie v Andujar first on court no. 2 tomorrow, starting at 11am.

As mentioned above, Raducanu and Murray will each follow Djokovic on Centre Court. Djokovic starts at the slightly later time of 1:30pm.

On court no. 3, Heather Watson has the third scheduled match while Ryan Peniston has the fourth.

On court no. 18, Jodie Burrage is scheduled first, Jay Clarke third and Katie Swan fourth.

Lastly, Yuriko Miyazaki is scheduled second on court no. 17.
    Norrie d. Andujar 6-0 7-6 6-3. Will face another Spaniard in Munar in round 2.

Raducanu d. van Uytvanck 6-4 6-4. Will face Caroline Garcia in round 2. Garcia d. Miyazaki 4-6 6-1 7-6.

Murray 4-6 6-3 Duckworth (ongoing). Winner will face Isner in round 2. Isner took five sets to get past a qualifier earlier today.

Heather Watson about to start her first round match against Tamara Korpatsch. Ryan Peniston would follow the conclusion of it, time permitting. He might get bumped onto no. 1 court or centre...

Tsurenko d. Burrage 6-2 6-3.

Jay Clarke is down a set and a break vs. American qualifier Harrison. Katie Swan due to follow, time permitting.

• Options
    Murray 2-1 up
  • Options
    And now through in 4.  

Isner in R2.
  • Options
    Heather Watson down a set on court 1. On serve in the second set.
  • Options
    Watson match suspended at one set a piece. They'll come back tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Berrettini and Cilic both out with Covid.

Means the first 2 games on Court 1 are two I wasn't expecting, Alex de Minaur, and then the last set of Heather Watson.
  • Options
    Really good match going on court no. 3 between Paul Jubb and Nick Kyrgios.
  • Options
    Fourth set tie break - Kyrgios leading 2-1 in sets.
  • Options
    Jubb wins it! Fifth set coming. Kyrgios not a happy bunny.
  • Options
    2-2, on serve in the fifth.
  • Options
    Great to see Ryan Peniston winning in straight sets earlier. He'll face Steve Johnson in round two, with a potential third round match against Cam Norrie.
  • Options
    As often happens, Jubb misses some break point opportunities and has been punished. Kyrgios breaks for a 4-2 lead.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    What a performance from Jubb here whatever the result, come on lad! 
    edit back on serve in the 5th 4-5
  • Options
    Jubb breaks back! Kyrgios must've thought he had it wrapped up. 5-4 and on serve.
  • Options
    Jubb holds to 15. 5-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a shame. Kyrgios wins the set 7-5 and the match. Jubb played some really impressive rallies and shots. Will be interesting to see if he can progress because he definitely has the talent.
  • Options
    Draper 2 sets to love up too, so a good showing today from a couple of ours, one of our girls were unlucky earlier losing in 3 sets.  forget her name she was ranked 200+ but looks like she has alot of potential at only 24 ( sounds odd when you had Radecanu on the opposite side with a breakthrough early). 
  • Options
    GB update: Alastair Gray currently 1 set and on serve in the 2nd, just lost his serve after 5th deuce to go 2-2 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Great to see Draper and Gray both through in straight sets.

Worryingly for Dan Evans, he is down two sets to love against world no. 99 Jason Kubler.

Liam Broady leads 2 sets to 1 in his match. 
  • Options
    Earlier, Heather Watson won the deciding set in her match.

Katie Boulter and Harriet Dart still yet to play their first round matches.
  • Options
    I was going to bed after this set, half an hour ago it's 2-0, in half an hour.
  • Options
    Solid game this, whenever I think Williams has it, Tan comes back
  • Options
    Kyrgios is a proper prick isn't he!!!!!
    You noticed?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Solid game this, whenever I think Williams has it, Tan comes back
    Great game.