Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Kit........

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well i wanted to buy it for my 2 kids
  • Options
    tried to buy it in Bexleyheath for my 2 kids (3 & 2) and was told the same thing about the stripes.
  • Options
    i always buy an under fives strip as well....
  • Options
    Riscardo it would appear there is a demand for the kits............... maybe we are 5 of your 50
  • Options
    But it's not exactly thousands is it.

Would you 5 be willing to pay 50 notes for it though????
  • Options
    Riscardo you are not the merchandise manager by any chance are you.............
  • Options
    Don't do merchansising, more a figures man
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]But it's not exactly thousands is it.

Would you 5 be willing to pay 50 notes for it though????

I would
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]more a figures man

really ?

you seem to have a problem with figures past 27.......
  • Options
    I back you on that as well Shag.................£50 to make our kids happy......RIscardo will now get his spreadsheet out and start to his figures, i pity your poor kids mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd pay it as well even though I know its ridiculously expensive.
  • Options
    RIscardo is on the ropes.................the steam is coming out of his calculator
  • Options
    Not really, I don't have to worry about getting a 2/3 year old a new Charlton kit.

Four people say they would pay 50 notes to buy a childs kit. But it's not thousands. They would have to sell thousands to make it commercially viable. If you haven't noticed we aren't in a position to do that. They have made people redundant on not much money. So that says to me they don't have the man power to run with such a project.

The retail manager wouldn't necesarily know the costing of the merchandise, just how much they are charging for it.

We should be happy that they have enough kit in for Adults.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm not sure if you're on a wind up or not but I'd like to be able to buy my kids the new charlton kit , even though they are under 5 years old . My mate was one of those made redundant from the club shop , i'll ask him what he thinks about it .

4 people now ? A few posts ago it was 5 ....

They could at least say on the website or somewhere that the kit won't be avaliable to under 5's , so that people like me would know . Maybe when you have kids you might feel a bit different
  • Options
    You keep using the phrase 'we'........What would the club do should an independent stall set up outside the ground and sell the away kit in the toddlers sizes.........i bet they would move in and demand that they stop selling them or put some form of restraining order on them trading or selling the kit, i think you are completely missing the point though, parents want there kids in there clubs colours,fact, charlton also want kids to wear there colours and not the colours of Chelsea Man U Arsenal or Liverpool, how can we give the kids the oppetunity of doing this if the club dont supply the kits. Kids clothing is the most profitable within the clothing industry.I think you have to stop looking at your accounts and invest in the futrure,young fans are the life blood of the club.
  • Options
    I'm just trying to put a different prspective on it. I don't know why the club haven't done it, but I'm just trying to give you a view from the manufacturing perspective.

I agree we should do Kids clothes, but it appears that it isn't happening. I don't know why, but I can fathom a guess and have put it to you.

And without sounding pompous or in any way having a pop, I wouldn't dress my kids in football tops. i don't wear them (unless it's pink Juventus or classic Flamengo jobbie) so it's not something I would want to buy.
  • Options
    If this was a boxing match, they would have stopped it three rounds ago...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]If this was a boxing match, they would have stopped it three rounds ago...

Nigel Benn out on his feet against Anthony Logan, one punch later and it's all over
  • Options
    Ihave heard it all now.......are you seriously telling me that if you had a couple of young sons and you took them to football you wouldnt buy them the home or away kits. What a p*(T
  • Options
    Riscardo said "Not really, I don't have to worry about getting a 2/3 year old a new Charlton kit"

THAT KNOCK ON THE DOOR MAY COME ONE DAY.....

LOCKED ON!

(Bar that the new kit is atrocious. Is Steve Sutherland on his own in a portakabin running the club?)