Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Eoghan O'Connell signs for Charlton - 3 year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Dont want to keep blaming Clayden, as its not his fault he was put into that position

But with Sessegnon back, he's got protection to his left now - Balance is back in the Defence, so we're seeing less mistakes (now I've done it), and more proper work in the back four, like what we saw against Derby.
  • Options
    Despite Sessegnon not being a Left footed LB he is looking decent to fill in at League 1 level though he will struggle to overlap and put in consistent good crosses from his wrong side But at least he can play Full back as opposed to a converted winger like Clayden. He also helps Eoghan when he has a solid partner to his left, alongside and Dobson and Fraser in front.

Good to see O'Connell playing well over the last few games alongside Inniss ( stay fit Ryan !) and making the comment: O'Connel is ''Dog shit'' just vile nonsense by a CL member just 4 games ago.
  • Options
    Looked a bad one. Hope I'm wrong
  • Options
    Looked a bad one. Hope I'm wrong
    Agreed, I fear it'll be season ending, if it's anything like JFC's knee injuries 
  • Options
    See him in 6 months no doubt, looked bad

shame as he’s really starting to play well 
  • Options
    At least he won't lose his pace if it's a serious one. 
  • Options
    Left on crutches and his leg in a brace 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Left on crutches and his leg in a brace 
    Not surprised, it looked a bad one as soon as he went down
  • Options
    Get well soon Eoghan!
  • Options
    Oh no, not good news.
  • Options
    Got fingers crossed it’s only a few weeks. The best CB at the club. We are going to lose a lot by not having him in the team.
  • Options
    Does he get hurt if that whistle does not go off in the home end? 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Yes because the whistle came as he tackled his man. Not before. Either way he ignored the whistle and won the challenge.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Yes because the whistle came as he tackled his man. Not before. Either way he ignored the whistle and won the challenge.
    The whistle did come before. That's why Jules looked across across at the lino before he shot. O'Connell put the tackle in just as he shot. I don't think he would've got to him without the whistle.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    shirty5 said:
    The whistle did come before. That's why Jules looked across across at the lino before he shot. O'Connell put the tackle in just as he shot. I don't think he would've got to him without the whistle.
    Cheers. That was my take on it as well, but with our many overseas viewers these days tuned into Charlton TV, they might have a take on it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Cheers. That was my take on it as well, but with our many overseas viewers these days tuned into Charlton TV, they might have a take on it 
    Yeah I watched it on the stream and they showed the replay a few times. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    shirty5 said:
    He looked across after his shot. They replayed it several times at half time and he only looked across after he was tackled.
  • Options
    Small observation I made yesterday - I'm pretty certain he came out to watch the remainder of the second half on the pitch side seats in the West with Tracey Leaburn. I'm presuming it was him, but it is unlikely anyone else would come out on crutches, with a hoodie on and with hood up. Also, looked like he had a knee brace on.

He looked like he was in pain on the stretcher when he went off, and the fact that Tracey was with him for support, suggests it was a bad one. Experienced players tend to know when it's bad. I hope he's not out for too long, but reactions suggested a season-ender.
  • Options
    th0rryy said:
    Small observation I made yesterday - I'm pretty certain he came out to watch the remainder of the second half on the pitch side seats in the West with Tracey Leaburn. I'm presuming it was him, but it is unlikely anyone else would come out on crutches, with a hoodie on and with hood up. Also, looked like he had a knee brace on.

He looked like he was in pain on the stretcher when he went off, and the fact that Tracey was with him for support, suggests it was a bad one. Experienced players tend to know when it's bad. I hope he's not out for too long, but reactions suggested a season-ender.
    It is going to be bad but how bad will not be clear until it is fully investigated. It coud be a couple of months say if he is lucky.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    shirty5 said:
    He looked across after his shot. They replayed it several times at half time and he only looked across after he was tackled.
    You were saying that on the match thread. We were both watching the same stream so it's strange. He looks twice, once quickly before he shoots, and again afterwards. 

Hope the full match is released. 
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see the full clip and angles for sure.
  • Options
    Out for weeks rather than months according to Garner,Egbo not such good news unfortunately
  • Options
    Out for weeks rather than months according to Garner,Egbo not such good news unfortunately
    Oh really? You would have thought it the other way around considering how their injuries went.

Egbo is going to be a massive miss for us. 
  • Options
    Oh really? You would have thought it the other way around considering how their injuries went.

Egbo is going to be a massive miss for us. 
    Yep,think we all feared the worst when Oconnell was stretchered off didnt we? Egbo walked off the pitch,unbelievable really🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Good news for O'Connell and for us regarding this specific case.

Goes to show you can't ever really tell with any kind of injury just because someone is able to hobble off or another is stretchered off.

Hopefully, they're both back sooner than the initial prognosis.