Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colour of our new shirts.

edited July 2022 in General Charlton
If you go on our Club Shop site it is described as our “classic red colour.”
Well it isn’t, there are of course many shades of red and whereas the colour ‘is’ unquestionably red, this one is certainly NOT our classic red…..it kind of leans towards being orange/tangerine.
Might not bother you but I’m a diehard traditionalist when it comes to this kind of thing and I don’t appreciate the change. I wonder who agreed to this?
Pop onto the Club Shop site and you’ll see for yourself……no way is that our traditional red. 🤨🤨🤨

Comments

• Options
    Well it isn’t, there are many shades of red and whereas the colour ‘is’ unquestionably red, this one is certainly NOT our classic red…..it kind of leans towards being orange/tangerine.
    Might not bother you but I’m a diehard traditionalist when it comes to this kind of thing and I don’t appreciate the change. I wonder who agreed to this change?
    Pop onto the Club Shop site and you’ll see for yourself……no way is that our traditional red. 🤨🤨🤨
    Yeah the photos make it look a bit orange to my eyes. Might be better in real life. 
  • Options
    yeah it reminds me of this abomination.. 

Barcelona of the Championship Charlton new away strip  Daily Mail Online
  • Options

I’d anyone ever again says “I wish we had a big name kite manufacturer like Nike…”
  • Options
    The pantone should be based on the red on the Adidas Fads shirt in the museum as Castore borrowed it for that reason.

Whether they got it right I don't know but I suggest reserving judgement until seeing it in the flash.

It looks  closer to the red of the 90/91 Woolwich Admiral shirt
  • Options
    The pictures from yesterday made it look a good shade of Red, the shop pics seem to over exaggerate the pattern on the shirt 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    shine166 said:
    As someone that uses colour for a living, almost every single devise you view it on, will look different than it does in the flesh. 

I Really would wait before passing too much judgement. 
    As you’re in the trade, shouldn’t the club just say the shirt needs to be say 485c (London Bus Red) and be done with it, and everything within the club is set to that? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve got one on order, I think it’s more a guitar red.
  • Options
    I’ve got one on order, I think it’s more a guitar red.
    Fender Fiesta Red.
  • Options
    Well it isn’t, there are of course many shades of red and whereas the colour ‘is’ unquestionably red, this one is certainly NOT our classic red…..it kind of leans towards being orange/tangerine.
    Might not bother you but I’m a diehard traditionalist when it comes to this kind of thing and I don’t appreciate the change. I wonder who agreed to this?
    Which season's shirt would you say is "classic red"? 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Chizz said:
    London bus red as near as damn it.
    Pantone 485 C is the code.
  • Options
    Chizz………I have been going since 1958, there may very well have been some very slight colour variations in that time but not so as you’d notice it, though there was one some years back that was absolutely dreadful beyond words!
    This is only the second time in all those years that one can actually see a ‘noticeable’ colour variant.
  • Options
    Chizz………I have been going since 1958, there may very well have been some very slight colour variations in that time but not so as you’d notice it, though there was one some years back that was absolutely dreadful beyond words!
    This is only the second time in all those years that one can actually see a ‘noticeable’ colour variant.
    Maybe the person who chose it was colour blind?
  • Options
    Chill, Winston.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

😬…I actually quite liked that top,made a great summer hols shirt & got a fair bit of attention…no one who asked me about the mighty Addicks had a bad thing to say about it….
    well not to me face anyways…🤔😂😂
  • Options
    Nike kits looked shit.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    This might be an interesting comparison.  It looks like the shirts are very close to Pantone 485, but the red used on the website is noticeably darker 

• Options

I bought this, Barcelona had the exact same kit the season before.  I remember having the same conversation about it with strangers several times on holiday in Spain.

”Ah, Barcelona”
    ”nah mate Charlton”
    ”is not Barcelona?”
    ”nah Charrrllllton”
    ”Ahhh, Chelsea!”
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    This might be an interesting comparison.  It looks like the shirts are very close to Pantone 485, but the red used on the website is noticeably darker 

The website red is too dark, but probably works as a colour online.

what’s the Pantone of the red in the badge that’s TM, that’s should be the base red for the kit 
  • Options

😬…I actually quite liked that top,made a great summer hols shirt & got a fair bit of attention…no one who asked me about the mighty Addicks had a bad thing to say about it….
    well not to me face anyways…🤔😂😂
    Ditto...wore it at Bournemouth once when we lost 1-0 loads of people on the sea front thought it was cool and from a euro country and assumed we were on holiday. Always take it to Spain and enjoy other fans asking about it. Similar to Barcelona one around the same time.
  • Options
    I've opened the thread, I've read the thread and yep, there is a thread on the redness of our red shirt!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chill, Winston.
    ?