Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone any ideas what these are?

Have randomly had them appear on the wall by the back door…..must be about 20/30 of them, don’t move at all?. Google hasn’t been much help so I’m thinking that this is the next best place to ask…

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Mayfly?

• Options
    Larvae of some kind, probably crane flies?
  • Options
    I’m sure @Stig will know.
  • Options
    Yep definitely Mayflies. Can't tell you in any more detail though, there are so many of them.
  • Options
    It's a Mayfly and it's dead, in fact they are all dead. Touch one and it will just fall off the wall.
  • Options
    Don't they only live a day? A bit of a bummer if you are a Mayfly I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least if their know,they can plan their day out accordingly…👍
  • Options
    At least you could get smashed and not have to worry about a hangover in the morning.
  • Options
    Do you reckon they know that they only have a day though? None have ever lived long enough to warn the following days tranche that they won’t make it until tomorrow
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Do you reckon they know that they only have a day though? None have ever lived long enough to warn the following days tranche that they won’t make it until tomorrow
    Depends I suppose what time they were born…take it all at different times,it would be like fuck all around me are dying…

im obviously making it up but as u say,shite either way if that’s the case…also is it always approx 24hrs more or less…we need DA on the case if he hasn’t explained already…🙄
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    At least you could get smashed and not have to worry about a hangover in the morning.
    They do spend that day efficiently. They have to pull, get off with each other and have babies, then die. To be fair the larvae live about a year.
  • Options
    They do spend that day efficiently. They have to pull, get off with each other and have babies, then die. To be fair the larvae live about a year.
    I suppose it would be ok if you’re born on a Friday, you could go to The Millers
  • Options
    Yeah, they live underwater for ages, that's their real life. The flight stage is just the final finale. They have it all planned out well. Many are on the lookout the second they leave the water. They have sex on the wing and are a spent force by the time they land on your kitchen door. Some of the males have really weird eyes, they are specially designed to hunt for sexual partners whilst flying upwards. 

• Options
    Stig said:
    Yeah, they live underwater for ages, that's their real life. The flight stage is just the final finale. They have it all planned out well. Many are on the lookout the second they leave the water. They have sex on the wing and are a spent force by the time they land on your kitchen door. Some of the males have really weird eyes, they are specially designed to hunt for sexual partners whilst flying upwards. 

Q Dave Mehmet 
  • Options
    Stig said:

cheers for the responses, would explain why they all appears to be in pairs on the wall....sounds like the pond in the garden has played a part.

Out comes the hoover..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Presumably there are things that live for less than a day?

New season hopes?

Any others?
  • Options
    Something in the air - currently covered in flying ants... 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Presumably there are things that live for less than a day?

New season hopes?

Any others?
    No. The Mayfly has the shortest lifespan:

https://a-z-animals.com/blog/8-shortest-living-animals-in-the-world/

Insects have a different perception of time however:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/sep/16/time-passes-slowly-flies-study
  • Options
    With my luck, it would rain.
  • Options
    Have randomly had them appear on the wall by the back door…..must be about 20/30 of them, don’t move at all?. Google hasn’t been much help so I’m thinking that this is the next best place to ask…

Some sort of bug 🐜 🐛 🐞?
  • Options
     Depends what sort of day you had.
  • Options
     Depends what sort of day you had.
    A crap one I would imagine if you die at the end of it.