Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Walker RIP - Funeral details p3

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news. a splendid player. He is only a year older than me just seems amazing , condolences to his family and friends.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Rip.

Loved him as a player in the 80/81 season but had injury problems after that although remarkably he played in Portugal into his early 40's.

I understand that he is the uncle of Southampton's Kyle Walker Peters
  • Options
    Always lovely to see rivals come together in a joint so of respect - but so sad it has to come in these circumstances. A great player for both the red and blue sides of South London. 
  • Options
    Sad news and no age really. Privileged to have seen him play. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Phil, loved you as a player. Taken far too young.
  • Options
    As soon as I saw his name it immediately made me think of Leicester. Did he move to Leicester, or score against them for us at some stage. Memory is a bit foggy.
    RIP Phil.
  • Options
    Laid on the pass for Simonsen to score on his debut against Swansea.

Phil Walker RIP
  • Options
    Fine player RIP.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    As soon as I saw his name it immediately made me think of Leicester. Did he move to Leicester, or score against them for us at some stage. Memory is a bit foggy.
    RIP Phil.
    Scored both goals in the opening game of the 82/83 season away at Filbert Street 
  • Options
    I was delighted when he joined us for the simple reason he could not turn us over anymore. I remember the game at the valley when we we were three down in no time and he bagged two I believe. It ended 4~2 to them. As been said a very fine player. RIP .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a quite rare animal a Lion and an Addick .. R I P
  • Options
    Really sad to hear this. RIP Phil.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    That is really sad news. He was a fine player. RIP
  • Options
    Really sad news, Phil was a big part of one of my favourite seasons, 1980-81. He was a bit unlucky with injuries, but on his day really was a class act. That Leicester game was the first of the season (82-3?), his goal went in off the underside of the bar and nearly broke it IIRC.

RIP
  • Options
    That's desperately sad news. A really exciting midfielder, in part of a really attacking team. RIP
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Nice tribute on the Millwall site.

RIP.

• Options
    RIP - I was a bit too young to really appreciate him but do remember him being a languid, skilkfull type and also remember someone shouting out ‘walker by name walker by nature’ - always stuck in my memory - can picture it as clear as day now - was delivered in a good humoured banter type of way 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad news. One of my favourite players from that era & I managed to get a couple of photos with him after the final game of the season we were promoted.

RIP Phil
  • Options
    Oh no! This is very sad. An elegant, cultured player, and one of my favourites. RIP Phil.
  • Options
    RIP Phil,sad news
  • Options
    Favourite Reading. Playboy.....RIP
  • Options
    RIP legend. Taken far too early in this day and age. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Very sad indeed.
    I have clear memories of him playing for both Millwall and Charlton, a very fine footballer.
    Phil Walker was a brave man too, when he broke through it was at a time when black players received dogs abuse, but he got on with his game even though the abuse must've hurt.
    RIP to a fine man and a fine player.
    👏👏👏
  • Options
    Lovely guy,my son was mascot at a game v Swindon as we stood in the tunnel Phil went out of his way to have a chat to my son,really made his day.

RIP.
  • Options
    Crikey - I liked him for us. 
    RIP