Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Tony Sirico (Paulie Walnuts - Sopranos)

What a character.  RIP and sorry @Braziliance

Comments

• Options
    RIP. 
    A bad week for the Mob. 
  • Options
    Loved sopranos. Great character. Rip
  • Options
    BBC News - Sopranos actor Tony Sirico dies aged 79
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Very sad. Great characters he played. RIP
  • Options
    Key character in the series RIP
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Saw an interview with the cast earlier this year (think it was from 3 lrl.4 years ago, 20 year reunion), got the impression he was just as much of a character off screen!

RIP Tony.
  • Options
    What a character in real life too!

Apparently used to sunbathe by the pool at an expensive hotel and get himself paged by reception, so that people of influence would get to know his name! 

The white wings in his hair took ages to to do. Nobody could touch the wings...not even the on-set stylist. Just him and the Brooklyn barber he used to go to.

Go on YouTube and check out the Paulie Walnuts wing-o-meter, on Talking Sopranos. 
  • Options
    Loved his Paulie Walnuts.

RIP. 
  • Options
    Gave so much life to an incredible character. Was one of those characters and actors in the show that was so good you didn’t know if you were watching a serious drama or a brilliant comedy.

so many quotable lines. “Oh!! It’s like an ad for a weight loss centre! Before! And wayyyyy before!”
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. Great characters he plated. RIP
    Oh er.
  • Options
    I am sure I heard someone say that he had done time before and that "Paulie's" stance was learned from then.  A position to easily defend yourself.  Interesting character that was part of a show that will always be watched and always be admired.
  • Options
    great in that part .. R I P
  • Options
    Paulie was my favourite character RIP.
  • Options
    Pointing with index and pinky extended in honour. RIP
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Pointing with index and pinky extended in honour. RIP
    "OH!"
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I am sure I heard someone say that he had done time before and that "Paulie's" stance was learned from then.  A position to easily defend yourself.  Interesting character that was part of a show that will always be watched and always be admired.
    I think he did his first acting class in prison and kept to the straight and narrow after that. Mind you, he had it in his contract that he'd never be asked to play a grass, or a "rat" as they say in the show, so he hadn't completely reinvented himself!

Paulie was an amazing character, that mix of brutality and almost accidental comedy that made the show so watchable.

RIP Mr Walnuts.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    What a character.  RIP and sorry @Braziliance
    Absolutely gutted to find out earlier today, like the big man Gandolfini though, he will always be immortalised through his acting, they will always seem alive to me. 

I did the Sopranos tour back in May and now it makes it feel that bit more special, will be having a drink for old Walnuts tonight, 

RIP Tony Sirico