Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Here’s a video I found which the variety of goals he’s scored. Headers, both feet, tap ins, running in behind.

Some of them he shows so much composure, especially for a striker of his age. He’s not afraid to take a few touches in the box to set himself when others would panic and waste the chance.

Could play with a partner (some good link up play in there too) or as a lone striker.

Perhaps the name Leaburn screams “not a goal scorer” 😉
     https://youtu.be/ks8f7Ofd6EQ
    Pricetag just gone up to 20 million.
  • Given his age it's really hard to know his level.
    I think this is spot on, no way he is ready for the premier league yet. He's had a good season, particularly given his age but some of the praise on him is OTT in my opinion. 
  • edited March 2023
    Given his age it's really hard to know his level.
    I think this is spot on, no way he is ready for the premier league yet. He's had a good season, particularly given his age but some of the praise on him is OTT in my opinion. 
    I don't think anyone believes he's ready for the Premier League just yet. Not many 19-year-old strikers playing there full stop. 
  • He's the sort of player Brentford would be very willing to take a punt on

• Chunes said:
    Given his age it's really hard to know his level.
    I don't think anyone believes he's ready for the Premier League just yet. Not many 19-year-old strikers playing there full stop. 
    I think @MarcusH26’s comparison to Evan Ferguson (18) is a great one.  Been watching out for him as an Irish fan and there are definite similarities in terms of size, style and background (Evan’s dad was a defender though, now involved in the FAI development team). Expecting big things of both these lads.

Ideally, the mess that is Charlton ownership is sorted out in the next few weeks, we see major investment in the summer, Miles stays and we build round him and he extends his contract. If we go up, we manage to keep him for a further year, if not then I would hope that we will learn from Posh and hold out for decent money for a striker with such potential.  As others have said, he is way ahead of where Mason was already. 
  • He is going to be a top player. We will do very lucky to keep him in the summer. A lot of the top clubs are looking at him. Not just as a development player, but someone that can push next year. He is certainly the best player in a while
  • What I notice from the video is that he takes his time and seems to place the shot rather than slash at it. Whether he Ihas the ability to make time and could do that a higher level is the big question for me.
  • He's the sort of player Brentford would be very willing to take a punt on

He’s a very promising young English striker. Every premier league club will be keeping tabs on him. If the far inferior Burstow could get a move to Chelsea then Miles moving to one of the really big boys is far from impossible. His family may advise against it, of course, but there will be interest I’m sure. 
  • On Charlton TV they said Carlo has said he will spend another season with us.......
  • What Miles has is parents that will support and help him make the right decisions for him. It could be a disaster at this stage moving to a club where he doesn't settle. Next season will be a big one for him and it is surely better to be in an evironment he is comfortable in and at a level he should thrive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah so he truly is one of our own, seeing he started with us before moving to Arsenal, and then Chelsea.
  •  I admit he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time .........

There, said it. 
    There, you said it. That's the job qualification for a striker.

The law of averages generally takes care of the rest.

• Just saw his interview with Scott Minto. What a lovely lad. 
  • The rate he’s growing, learning and taking his game forward every week, not going to put an England cap past him.
    Got the natural awareness and tools to be the next Harry Kane. But needs to be in the right hands when he moves up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trouble is, if we get a big fee for him when he does leave, TS will trouser nearly all of it and little if any will be used to strengthen the squad.
  • Sadly If he keeps banging goals in like he has been can see clubs definitely coming in for him 
    Be a big loss & hard to replace him 
  • cafctom said:
    We know he won’t be here long, best to just enjoy the ride while we can.

Son of a Charlton cult hero scoring goals giving us all a chance to chant “Leaburn” again 30 years later….It’s a brilliant story. 
    And more to come. Hopefully.

Maybe in about 20 years time there might even be another Leaburn we can pay homage to   . ... Carl's grandson!
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Trouble is, if we get a big fee for him when he does leave, TS will trouser nearly all of it and little if any will be used to strengthen the squad.
    Define "trouser".
  • Hold out for 20 million Charlton.
  • No chance will he be with us next season, frankly he shouldn’t be either. He’s far too good for L1 already and with the right coaching he could have a brilliant career at a high level.

Have zero faith that we’ll manage anything other that getting our pants pulled down in the transfer market, so don’t bother getting your hopes up for a big fee.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    He is going to be a top player. We will do very lucky to keep him in the summer. A lot of the top clubs are looking at him. Not just as a development player, but someone that can push next year. He is certainly the best player in a while
    That’s the problem. One of if not the best English teenager in football today.
    Once again Sandgaard got it wrong about him in July 2022. Pound to a penny he is on his way directly the season is over. 5 million with add ons. Not had a young striker like him since Watson that went to play for Sheffield Wed and Southampton. Both local lads.