Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Miles is going to be worth a lot of money in a year or two, isn't he? I can see a Championship side spending millions on him.

Not many 6'6 (how tall is he?) strikers in world football are also good technicians and mobile across the pitch. Last night the guy was taking players on with the ball at his feet. Deceptively quick as well. And he's massive! He's blessed as a player. 

2 goals in 84 minutes of League One football so far.
    Is he 6' 7?! He seems tall but not that big?!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yeah, I edited that quickly after I posted, as I'm not sure and can't find the info online. He must be at least 6'5?
  • Options
    Watching him from the East Stand up close, it seems that he almost has more talent, skill, strength and pace than he knows what to do with. It's going to be fearsome watching him get better
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Chunes said:
    Miles is going to be worth a lot of money in a year or two, isn't he? I can see a Championship side spending millions on him.

Not many 6'6 (how tall is he?) strikers in world football are also good technicians and mobile across the pitch. Last night the guy was taking players on with the ball at his feet. Deceptively quick as well. And he's massive! He's blessed as a player. 

Is he 6' 7?! He seems tall but not that big?!
    Look at him in the pictures above standing next to Ian Maatsen. Must be at least 8ft I reckon.
    Hahhaaha that's creased me up 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Off_it said:
    shirty5 said:
    Off_it said:
    Following in his old man's footsteps by scoring on his debut - really pleased for the whole family.

Lete hope the similarities end there and it doesnt take him quite as long to score his second!
    Full debut for Carl v Newcastle May 1987

Debut as a sub v Oxford 
    Posted this on another thread, but this one is probably more appropriate;

Someone should do a comparison of the number of games/playing minutes/days between Miles Leaburn's first and second goals when compared to his dads.

I'll start us off - Carl's first goal was on 4 May 1987 and his second was on 25 February 1989.

Someone could probably use Colin Cameron's "Home and Away" book to write down each of Carl Leaburn's goals and which appearance they came in  - Then do the same with Miles Leaburn, which'll be a lot easier.

Can then finish off with a line chart on Excel between the two, to show the progress

Lot of work no doubt required to gather Carl's data though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Maybe it’s my age, but the sight of Miles stepping onto the pitch makes me quite emotional. 
    I enjoyed telling my kids about Carl’s appearance for Wimbledon against us on Boxing Day 1998 and the contrasting reactions amongst the away fans. For those that weren’t there or can’t remember, the ‘Leeeeeeaaaabuuuurn’ drowned out the boos. 
    And a certain Mr Euell scored from memory, blimey, was that really 24 years ago!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Uboat said:
    Maybe it’s my age, but the sight of Miles stepping onto the pitch makes me quite emotional. 
    I enjoyed telling my kids about Carl’s appearance for Wimbledon against us on Boxing Day 1998 and the contrasting reactions amongst the away fans. For those that weren’t there or can’t remember, the ‘Leeeeeeaaaabuuuurn’ drowned out the boos. 
    And a certain Mr Euell scored from memory, blimey, was that really 24 years ago!
    Euell did score, you’re right. That was the biggest away crowd I’ve ever been in and the atmosphere was unbelievable when we took the lead. 
  • Options
    Leaburn is such a mature player and has plenty to his game - an exciting prospect.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Not many 6'7 (how tall is he?) strikers in world football are also good technicians and mobile across the pitch. Last night the guy was taking players on with the ball at his feet. Deceptively quick as well. And he's massive! He's blessed as a player. 

I'm not talking in terms of quality but when you look at that blend of ability and physicality the most famous current striker who has the same attributes is probably Haaland at City.

Obviously Miles is nowhere near that in absolute terms but he could very easily be the league one or even championship equivalent if he carries on at his current rate.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Knock Knock

Who's there?

Chelseas Fc

Oh fuck off.
    Remember Chelsea released him, and JRS, at 16.

Doubt he'd be rushing back to their academy.
  • Options
    Good point Henry. 
  • Options
    It will be a good test of the intent of the club when they start getting the phone calls. Not just for Miles because we are really fortunate that we seem to have a great crop of youngsters coming through and I'm sure the big clubs will come calling at some point. TS has been shrewd in giving them long term deals so they cant be poached but how good would it be to say that ain't for sale
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Off_it said:
    shirty5 said:
    Off_it said:
    Following in his old man's footsteps by scoring on his debut - really pleased for the whole family.

Lete hope the similarities end there and it doesnt take him quite as long to score his second!
    Full debut for Carl v Newcastle May 1987

Debut as a sub v Oxford 
    Posted this on another thread, but this one is probably more appropriate;

Someone should do a comparison of the number of games/playing minutes/days between Miles Leaburn's first and second goals when compared to his dads.

I'll start us off - Carl's first goal was on 4 May 1987 and his second was on 25 February 1989.

Someone could probably use Colin Cameron's "Home and Away" book to write down each of Carl Leaburn's goals and which appearance they came in  - Then do the same with Miles Leaburn, which'll be a lot easier.

Can then finish off with a line chart on Excel between the two, to show the progress

Lot of work no doubt required to gather Carl's data though.
    Not intending to detract from Miles in anyway but Carl started out in a struggling side in the top tier not the third. They appear different types of players to me too. Carl was closer to (but much better than) Stockley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Uboat said:
    Euell did score, you’re right. That was the biggest away crowd I’ve ever been in and the atmosphere was unbelievable when we took the lead. 
    I remember that game for Soapy Jones running himself into the ground, playing up front on his own, but being knackered after 50 minutes .  Eddie Youds came on up front on his own.  
  • Options
    He's on a three year deal until 2025 too.

Hoping we can get at least two years out of him because he's destined for a Premier League move if he keeps up this trajectory.
  • Options
    We gotta get promoted whilst we have him and a few of the others and before we lose them. 
    Unreal on the right, never thougjt he could play there 
  • Options
    It seems so surreal to me. A real feel good story, even more so for those of us lucky enough to have seen his dad play, and it seems to have unexpectedly come out of the blue. Early days but long may it continue. Well done Miles. 👏👏👏
  • Options
    When he was near the touchline I found myself shouting "Come on Carl". My voice was almost going as well with the excitement of last night's game". 
  • Options
    That goal last night was the icing on the cake for me, it was like a rewind to my youth, chanting Carls name, got to meet the great man last night and took a selfie, he is so proud of his son ( both him and Tracy are) but I think he’ll keep him grounded, and tell him where he needs to improve.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Uboat said:
    Was there, I beleive 12,000 Addicks
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Uboat said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Uboat said:
    Was there, I beleive 12,000 Addicks
    No way was it 12k, I love the way this figure grows every time it’s mentioned !!!