Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC backroom/ office staff

Lots of negativity and pessimism around the club past decade largely as a result of the dire football. 

However one positive thing I have noticed throughout is how helpful and responsive the staff are when you contact them about queries etc.

Really is appreciated particularly in this day and age when customer service can leave a lot to be desired and glad that element has remained consistent throughout my time supporting us.

Comments

• Options
    I was repaid the £6 for the Kilmarnock game, which I paid due to the confusion about the new website and re-registering. This is in the context of the change over ‘advice’ being late and after I had paid the £6. I am a Charlton TV subscriber until October and shouldn’t have paid it.
    When I queried it I was offered a return of the £6, which I accepted.
    It amused me that when I got the refund it was described as a ‘gesture of goodwill’ because I am a regular subscriber.
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    Getting back money I shouldn’t have paid anyway?
    If the internal culture at the club is they’re doing fans a favour by doing the right thing I wonder why.
    Is it sandwich man who sets the tone?
    I am a loyal supporter for a lifetime, and have spent thousands on Charlton, to me that is ‘goodwill’ going from a supporter to the club.
    To view fans with distain is either going to drive them away, or it is staff taking the loyalty for granted and not giving a damn.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I was repaid the £6 for the Kilmarnock game, which I paid due to the confusion about the new website and re-registering. This is in the context of the change over ‘advice’ being late and after I had paid the £6. I am a Charlton TV subscriber until October and shouldn’t have paid it.
    It amused me that when I got the refund it was described as a ‘gesture of goodwill’ because I am a regular subscriber.
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    If the internal culture at the club is they’re doing fans a favour by doing the right thing I wonder why.
    I am a loyal supporter for a lifetime, and have spent thousands on Charlton, to me that is ‘goodwill’ going from a supporter to the club.
    To view fans with distain is either going to drive them away, or it is staff taking the loyalty for granted and not giving a damn.
    To term it a "gesture of goodwill" absolves the club from any requirement to do it again under the same circumstances (unless they want to), either for you or anyone else. It's a kind-of legalese term, so please do not take it personally or to heart!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    Would you have preferred to receive the money and not get the gesture of goodwill?  Or were you happy enough to receive both? 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    To term it a "gesture of goodwill" absolves the club from any requirement to do it again under the same circumstances (unless they want to), either for you or anyone else. It's a kind-of legalese term, so please do not take it personally or to heart!
    I must misunderstand.
    Were they actually doing me a favour returning money I needn’t have shelled out?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Pedro45 said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    I must misunderstand.
    Were they actually doing me a favour returning money I needn’t have shelled out?
    No, they were doing the right thing after what sounds like a system muck up, but covering themselves in case a million others claimed the same thing.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    They haven't got back to me re Season Ticket query. If they are promising to get back to you then they should.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    Would you have preferred to receive the money and not get the gesture of goodwill?  Or were you happy enough to receive both? 
    If the money had simply been returned without comment it would have been fine.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Talal said:
    What a weird thing to moan about. 
    Oh come now, are any of us surprised? 

Bloke fucks something up, pays for something he didn't need to, they give him his money back and he's still not happy. 
    If you mean me, then no I didn't mess something up, you are mistaken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    You got a refund and a free gesture of goodwill
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    You got a refund and a free gesture of goodwill
    and fifty pee and a pound of grapes
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    You poor dear. It must be horrid to get a refund and have the club wish you well. And if it amused you, as you claim, why bleat on about it?
    Rhetorical question. I already know.
  • Options
    All the staff I have spoken with over the last few years have been nothing but pleasant; and mostly efficient. 

Sure the club mess up sometimes but the staff always put it right.

It might surprise some but the last contact I had with someone that was far less than satisfactory and was dealt with really badly was with a certain Peter Varney!
  • Options
    Major said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    You poor dear. It must be horrid to get a refund and have the club wish you well. And if it amused you, as you claim, why bleat on about it?
    Rhetorical question. I already know.
    Where do I write that the club wished me well?

• Options
    I agree about the staff being helpful I had issues re registering my Charlton Tv account as it didn’t recognise my e mail went to the Valley very polite girl at the ticket office explained that they didn’t know but would find out was sent to reception where Tom came down and fixed the issue and was also very pleasant. So it ensured that my trip to the Valley wasn’t wasted as I had gone down to buy my grandson’s the new shirt but the shop is being refurbished. Purchased the shirts on line and that was painless and efficient.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?

I don't know your background. 

Based on your posts, you are more or less a level headed normal Charlton fan. 

It wound you up but it's really something that isn't worth caring about. You identified a minor problem that doesn't exist. Onwards and upwards. 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Pedro45 said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    I must misunderstand.
    Buyer beware. Your decision to pay the £6 when you didn't need it.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Pedro45 said:
    seth plum said:
    Gesture of good will? 
    Really?
    I must misunderstand.
    Buyer beware. Your decision to pay the £6 when you didn't need it.
    Of course you’re right. The change over system was unclear to me.
    One thing about the new website is the word ‘hey’ where previously you would see your name to be confident you’re properly signed in. I would prefer the old way of seeing my name so as to know any log in has been a success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    They haven't got back to me re Season Ticket query. If they are promising to get back to you then they should.
    I followed up with an email to Ticket staff rather than general email address (didn't realise they had their own address before) and to their credit got a very quick reply.