Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Side hustles

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    My mates sister puts together Ikea flatpacks around her uni studies, makes 3-4 hundred a month.
    Does she do this through the IKEA Taskrabbit service? One guy that lives in the block of flats next to me is a handyman and does this on the side (we're a 10 min walk/2 min drive to the Greenwich IKEA so plenty of business in the area) and he said on some months (lots of people moving in September for instance) he can double his salary
  • Options
    Or you could of course become a Deliveroo driver.

Although maybe not in Tooting.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19223667/delivery-drivers-clash-violently-mcdonalds/
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    My mates sister puts together Ikea flatpacks around her uni studies, makes 3-4 hundred a month.
    This is my dream job, well that or destroying the luggage at airports….
  • Options
    Started a cycling apparel company with some talented friends. It takes up about 7-8 hours per week but it's flexible and it's enjoyable seeing it grow.
  • Options
    I do a little burglary on the side.
    Free hit the next few nights with all the open windows.
    https://youtu.be/VpTV_0BUcwY
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Does she do this through the IKEA Taskrabbit service? One guy that lives in the block of flats next to me is a handyman and does this on the side (we're a 10 min walk/2 min drive to the Greenwich IKEA so plenty of business in the area) and he said on some months (lots of people moving in September for instance) he can double his salary
    Yes it's through Ikea which I believe is Taskrabbit, gets quite a bit of repeat business direct as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    you got to pick a pocket or two boys .. you gotta pick a pocket or two .. 
  • Options
    I train and compete in a martial art and used to help out doing the scoring/organising at one competition that was run by a friend who used to run an event every month or so, used to be an additional £50/60 per competition so was a nice little top up to the income whenever that. Would like to get my foot back in the door with it to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I run a girls football team, and have recently taken responsibility for all the girls teams at the club. Unfortunately I don't earn any money so I'm not sure it counts.
  • Options
    I run a girls football team, and have recently taken responsibility for all the girls teams at the club. Unfortunately I don't earn any money so I'm not sure it counts.
    Is that an internship? You know minimum wage was introduced to prevent people being exploited 😉
  • Options
    Missus has started but not completed or followed through with a couple. There is potential and it would be nice to have that additional income to fund some projects we want to do on the house or to pay for a holiday each year. But the hourly rate  particularly with the amount of time you have to invest at the start always makes it seem not that worth it. My sister makes a bit of cash through her Instagram account and paid promotions etc.

The best one I've ever seen was my uncle and aunt, lived on a farm so had plenty of space and a big house. They used to dog sit for everyone in their village (some even for months on end). The dogs had free rein of a particular section of the farm they used my cousins to walk them and feed them. Idyllic holiday for the dogs with plenty of games and attention from my cousins and enough cash for them to take their family of 6 skiing every year. Make the most of what you've got available right 
    Exactly, that's why I work part time as a male prostitute 
  • Options
    Missus has started but not completed or followed through with a couple. There is potential and it would be nice to have that additional income to fund some projects we want to do on the house or to pay for a holiday each year. But the hourly rate  particularly with the amount of time you have to invest at the start always makes it seem not that worth it. My sister makes a bit of cash through her Instagram account and paid promotions etc.

The best one I've ever seen was my uncle and aunt, lived on a farm so had plenty of space and a big house. They used to dog sit for everyone in their village (some even for months on end). The dogs had free rein of a particular section of the farm they used my cousins to walk them and feed them. Idyllic holiday for the dogs with plenty of games and attention from my cousins and enough cash for them to take their family of 6 skiing every year. Make the most of what you've got available right 
    Did you always know you had a sexy ring piece?
  • Options

Did you always know you had a sexy ring piece?
    When you know, you know
  • Options
    Not much of a regular earner but I make a few bob as and when eBaying anything and everything that I find being thrown out in places where I work. There is certainly money in junk. 
    In the past year, Teak lab bench tops, old oil cans, light fittings, balance scales, scientific equipment anything really. I just like selling rubbish. I have been given to sell, through work, a crew seat from a Nimrod. I have to tidy it up a bit but I think it go quite easily and hopefully buy a few drinks for my colleagues. 

• Options
    Not much of a regular earner but I make a few bob as and when eBaying anything and everything that I find being thrown out in places where I work. There is certainly money in junk. 
    In the past year, Teak lab bench tops, old oil cans, light fittings, balance scales, scientific equipment anything really. I just like selling rubbish. I have been given to sell, through work, a crew seat from a Nimrod. I have to tidy it up a bit but I think it go quite easily and hopefully buy a few drinks for my colleagues. 

me too .. not a lot of dough but keeps the mind active and interested ..  the second hand/'junk' business is thriving a t m 
  • Options
    Lost my job in 2020 at the start of the pandemic and had a client contact me and ask if she could work directly with me instead of the company that had let me go. Started from there and set everything up as a limited business. The first year went really well and had a lot of work coming in, mostly from her. She left last year and her new place is a bit different so not much work coming from her now but still a few bits from her previous company as I have a few contacts there. 

It’s been tougher more recently as my day job and being a parent of a toddler is hard to balance. Toughest part for me is growing the business out and getting more clients and dedicating time to do that. 
  • Options
    I've been restoring a fair bit of old furniture inherited from my grandparents as well as restoring old period features in our house (doors bannister etc.) all self taught and for our own house so far but been seeing a few people making decent money from this - half the battle is in how you stage it for selling. Once I am done with our own house (lol never ending project) I'd quite like to see if I can pick up old bits of furniture for free, restore and sell on....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I stopped working full-time in December (finding it hard to say I'm retired!).  I'm reasonably tech savvy and have built a few websites in my time and have been investigating drop shipping.  Just wondered if anyone had tried this or have any experience or recommendations.  Seems like a way to supplement a pension income?
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    I stopped working full-time in December (finding it hard to say I'm retired!).  I'm reasonably tech savvy and have built a few websites in my time and have been investigating drop shipping.  Just wondered if anyone had tried this or have any experience or recommendations.  Seems like a way to supplement a pension income?
    I was looking into drop shipping as Covid struck, was going to set something up with my eldest grandson so he could earn a few bob as well as gaining business experience. To be honest I have not visited it again since so may take a look.

Tons of info and tutorials on YouTube.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    can be lucrative if you build up good wholesale contacts .. in old money. 'drop shippers' were called middle men ..
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    I was looking into drop shipping as Covid struck, was going to set something up with my eldest grandson so he could earn a few bob as well as gaining business experience. To be honest I have not visited it again since so may take a look.

Tons of info and tutorials on YouTube.

And there's his first lesson in Business....