Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Young lady hit by ball at Sutton

Hope the young lady that was hit in the back of the head by the ball yesterday is ok. Our goal keeping coach was smashing balls at the keepers when one flew wide and hit a girl in her twenties flush in the back of her head, knocking her sunglasses off her head and she fell forward towards the front row of seating. Wouldn’t be surprised if she has suffered some whiplash given how hard the ball hit her.

Both Wollacott and Harness asked if she was ok and seemed genuinely concerned - shame the coach that done it couldn’t be bothered to do the same or say sorry.

I think Tracey Leaburn came round shortly after and spent some time taking to the young lady.

Now understand why we have nets behind the goal for home matches.

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Should be facing the field of play at all times. That'll learn her
    This happened about 2.15 so don’t get this comment 
  • Options
    Now THAT is DEFINATELY Boris's fault!!

Grrrr!
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Should be facing the field of play at all times. That'll learn her
    This happened about 2.15 so don’t get this comment 
    whoosh
  • Options
    Was it was it Fortune who smashed it into the grill of a Norwich fan that time?!?
  • Options
    Quite unbelievably, I'm sure I remember Lisbie hitting someone in the crowd at Sutton's ground.

Think we were playing Palace at Selhurst!
  • Options
    Was it was it Fortune who smashed it into the grill of a Norwich fan that time?!?
    Serves them right for bringing their own BBQ.
    I blame Delia. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She was explaining that her husband done this all the time
  • Options
    I didn't see the incident , hope the young lady is ok, its always dangerous sitting behind a goal when our lot are playing and taking shots!
  • Options
    It tends to be more of an issue at smaller grounds where the only way into the stands/terraces is at the front, as when arriving you can easily be a bit oblivious to the wayward practice shots until one goes whistling past your nose!

Not a problem where I sit at the back of the Curbs stand. Not one ball has got near me in 28 years  :D
  • Options
    It tends to be more of an issue at smaller grounds where the only way into the stands/terraces is at the front, as when arriving you can easily be a bit oblivious to the wayward practice shots until one goes whistling past your nose!

Not a problem where I sit at the back of the Curbs stand. Not one ball has got near me in 28 years  :D
    Just glare, tut and shake your head - Even the ball will apologise
  • Options
    You do have to be alert at T20 cricket matches, especially at outgrounds. I remember a 6 from Eoin Morgan flying over my head and hitting the burger stall behind me!
  • Options
    I give you Jonjo Shelvey at the Toolbox a few haircuts back.
    In the pre match warm up he was taking pot shots at the goal in front of the Addicks fans.
    He screwed one wide and it hit an old fella (in his late 70’s I’d say), full in the face who was seated a few rows back.
    He was really shaken up and St Johns Ambulance were called.
    Jonjo was obviously concerned but I don’t remember him going over to see how he was.
    Pretty sure the old fella was taken elsewhere as I don’t remember seeing him from then on.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    I didn't see the incident , hope the young lady is ok, its always dangerous sitting behind a goal when our lot are playing and taking shots!
    Rare event these coincide. 
  • Options
    You do have to be alert at T20 cricket matches, especially at outgrounds. I remember a 6 from Eoin Morgan flying over my head and hitting the burger stall behind me!
    I’d like to think it was one of ‘burger boys’ vans. 🤭
  • Options
    Yeah, because it’s a lot safer standing near the corner flag! 😉😳
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Yeah, because it’s a lot safer standing near the corner flag! 😉😳

Not at all games it’s not…
  • Options
    Was at the baseball a while back and a woman asked if I could take a photo of her and her son. Just as I took the shot someone hit a home run and the ball landed square on the top of her head. She was OK but pretty shook up and must have been very painful. 

At least she has a great photo of it! 
  • Options
    Not if you’re actually right behind the goal! It’s mostly around the goal that’s the danger area.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Not if you’re actually right behind the goal! It’s mostly around the goal that’s the danger area.
    And around the practice goals. 
  • Options
    Funny how many are using the term 'lady' that shat on TS's attempt to rename the Women's team.