Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Garners Addicks

He seems to have a big input in transfers this window, nobody can say TS hasn't backed he's man. Free signings or not the players we've brought in are bringing a better feel factor already to the new season, at least for me. 

With Garner ball starting to take effect we are now less then a few weeks until the new season gets underway. I still expect 2-3 loan signings towards the end of the window with 1-3 to leave including those loans out.

Prediction - Top 10
Playoffs? Let's see after 8 games how we start the new season. 

How are we all feeling ahead to our first game against Accrington? 

Comments

• Options
    Is cannabis legal in Finland? 
    For me we are always goona be a let down.im one of those that doesn't even have a glass never mind how much is in it. People on here and friends keep saying you got a good team there. I don't believe them. When we went up in the play offs against Sunderland I was more in shock than anything. There was an old lady next to me and in my excitement I ended up picking her up and Hugging her. (Yes hugging ffs you pervs. Wasn't till later for all of that) I was in disbelief.

When it comes to Stanley we could win but it won't mean much. We have to win several games as in 30 before I start to think we got a chance. And even then..
  • Options
    Is Harry Pell fit for them? 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Predicted to finish 11th, let’s see where we are in the table after 10 - 15 games, as long as the players coming in are better than the players going out in im ok with that.

As for Accrington away, we drew with them when we had Taylor & Grant upfront first game of the season, (seems a lifetime away) they just know how to play against us and get something out of it.

Whoever the manager was going to be this was always going to be a tough start to the season.

If we are top 2 after 7 games, I will be getting carried away, but we’ve got a really tough 7 games.

We still need to strengthen the team / squad, too early to jump to conclusions.
  • Options
    If I was to judge which I'm going to without seeing anyone play I would say we are mid table league 1. 

However this isn't really the thread for it and I have been wrong on numerous occasions before. I actually thought last season we might finish a place higher. 

We're fucked. League 1 is our new level. Good thing is with the prices I won't see much of it. 
  • Options
    I’m always the more optimistic type at the start of the season. But last season we had an atrocious start to the campaign but should we start off half as bad I’m sure will see us to at least grab a play off place. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can hear it now:

"Are you Swindon, are you Swindon, are you Swindon in disguise?"
  • Options
    Garner clearly believes the league 2 players he has signed can be a success at league one - I hope he is successful but if he’s wrong it could be another new manager in 2023 sadly
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Garner clearly believes the league 2 players he has signed can be a success at league one - I hope he is successful but if he’s wrong it could be another new manager in 2023 sadly
    It’s inevitable , unless we bring in a couple of proper strikers 
  • Options
    Judging by the footy on display at Sutton, we are in for another year of passing it backwards. 
  • Options
    Judging by the footy on display at Sutton, we are in for another year of passing it backwards. 
    You know full well that won’t be the case…..bit of a silly comment Phil, if you don’t mind me saying so.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    We have a very tough start to the season so we need to stick with the team and trust the process 
    You mean like last season when they were booed off in the 3rd game?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    We have a very tough start to the season so we need to stick with the team and trust the process 
    i'm sorry but your screen name is too close to Swindon. The invasion has begun.
  • Options
    Swindon will be promoted and we'll be relegated, feel it in my bones. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Does Garner feel the new recruits can step up to the higher league should we gain promotion? Otherwise there will another sell and recruitment or more seasons in this fucking awful division. 
  • Options
    I tend to be quite optimistic on this season. I wanted fresh ideas from outside the club, and they have arrived. I wanted it to be clear that the new man would set a style of play and that style would be reflected in the signings made, and that has happened.
    I would not say that any team in the league looked obviously better than the pack, so I think we are like any of the top clubs: pretty confident of a place in the play-offs and, particularly if the strikers really do well and we get lucky with injuries, top two is quite possible.