Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ed Slater

edited July 2022 in General Charlton
Not a massive fan of rugby but have just seen that Gloucester Lock, Ed Slater has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease. Ed is a fellow addick and someone I follow on social media, he regularly tweets about the club and if he or his family visit this forum id like to wish you all the best with this battle and stay strong. 

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Ed. 
  • Options
    sounds as though Ed could be another victim from taking too may bangs to the head during games .. all the best Ed
  • Options
    Best wishes fellow Addick.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Not a massive fan of rugby but have just seen that Gloucester Lock Ed Slater has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease. Ed is a fellow addick and someone I follow on social media, he regularly tweets about the club and if he or his family visit this forum id like to wish you all the best with this battle and stay strong. 
    Horrible news! Followed Ed for a while and seems a lovely bloke. All the best if you read this Ed! 
  • Options
    All the best Ed. 
  • Options
    Horrible disease. Best of luck, Ed.
  • Options
    Best wishes Ed.
  • Options
    Best wished Ed, seen him play a few times always a 110%, if you are reading this I wish you all the best mate.
  • Options
    As above, I've got admiration for Ed as a rugby player. Takes no prisoners, I had no idea he was a Charlton fan 

Wish you all the best Ed if you read this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the worst disease, he and everyone who knows him have my deepest sympathies.

There is so much about it on the local news up here because of Rob Borrows, the superhuman efforts of Kevin Sinfield, and Stephen Darby.  The must be a link to contact sport?  Doddie Weir, Mongo McMicheal and Fernando Rickson have all been inflicted with this terrible disease as well. 
  • Options
    Tragic news.

Ed Slater was an extremely talented second row forward who has been unlucky to play in an era when England have had an abundance of talented contenders for the two available slots in the team. 

I wish him well and hope that the medics make some meaningful progress towards finding a cure and or alleviating the most distressing symptoms during the progression of his illness.
  • Options
    Stay strong, young man.

The Charlton family are thinking of one of their own.
  • Options
    Stay strong Ed ..hope something can be done ..as some have said there must be a link with trauma,a good friend of mine ,since passed was diagnosed 2 years after recovering from a serious assault 

Best wishes 
  • Options
    Stay strong Ed.  
  • Options
    The love and hope of all Charlton supporters will be with him every step of the way.
  • Options
    Really sad news. At least he will have the full support of the rugby community. Good to see the club tweeted him a message of support 👍
  • Options
    Very good to see Leicester Tigers & Gloucester will now play for the “Slater Cup” when they play each other, Tigers won today so now the holders, rugby does these things so well. Stay strong Ed.