Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks and the Statbank

2»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Is it possible to have a system where the marks given by other people are only revealed after the poster enters his/her marks, this would prevent people being influenced by other peoples opinions/marks?
    Good idea but a challenge for admin?

Many thanks lancashirelad and to all who post marks.  My essential reading after the match.
  • Options
    Let’s give 20 a bash Lancs, it’s tough times so let’s give the peasants what they demand.

😎
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Is it acceptable this season to give your marks before the game, to save a bit of time?

Leuth did last season with Gilbey !

Good address and a great birdie for Golfie.

Put me down for the 20 minute rule, anyone on the field on 70 minutes as with so many subs being used they will play to the 95 minute and that's without injuries.  So Chuks wil get on from 60 to 75 minutes depending on the state of play.
    There are always a couple over the season that score people down and put 'decent, but I don't like him'. Really annoys me! Leuth isn't one of them, incidentally. 

20 mins works for me too. 
    I gave Gilbey 9.5 for Ipswich at home. Rest of the season was simply a matter of an intensifying feeling of having been betrayed 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Is it possible to have a system where the marks given by other people are only revealed after the poster enters his/her marks, this would prevent people being influenced by other peoples opinions/marks?
    sorry Clive too complicated for my small old brain, I suggest that you do not read the others before doing your own
  • Options
    with 5 subs now allowed I wonder whether the bar for be able to get a mark shouldn't be shortened to 20 mins. Someone like Aneke might only be getting 20 mins per game & as his goals per mins played is one of the best you might find a "game changer" is not getting marked week by week. 

just a thought & appreciate all you do. 
    If Chuks manages 20 minutes each time he appears we'll all be delighted/astonished/in the physios room
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Leuth said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Is it acceptable this season to give your marks before the game, to save a bit of time?

Leuth did last season with Gilbey !

Good address and a great birdie for Golfie.

Put me down for the 20 minute rule, anyone on the field on 70 minutes as with so many subs being used they will play to the 95 minute and that's without injuries.  So Chuks wil get on from 60 to 75 minutes depending on the state of play.
    There are always a couple over the season that score people down and put 'decent, but I don't like him'. Really annoys me! Leuth isn't one of them, incidentally. 

20 mins works for me too. 
    I gave Gilbey 9.5 for Ipswich at home. Rest of the season was simply a matter of an intensifying feeling of having been betrayed 

Don't believe it was anything personal to you!
    I gave him a 9 that match as he was superb, and for some reason it was downhill all the way after. I didn't notice him hiding as I saw him tackling (clumsy tackles) and his final pass become erratic but he still did runs but no end product in many games as the season wore on.

I predicted the Red card in the Lincoln match to the fans around me after his pointless first tug back. To do the same later in the first half was someone who was having demons in his head. In an away match I watched on Charlton TV and Alex did a foul and pushed his hand in the player's face, yellow card but later in the game he kicked the ball away but he got away with a second yellow card.

Still can't understand what was going on with Alex Gilbey. Did he have personal problems because he was known as a consistent player in League 1?

• Options
    with 5 subs now allowed I wonder whether the bar for be able to get a mark shouldn't be shortened to 20 mins. Someone like Aneke might only be getting 20 mins per game & as his goals per mins played is one of the best you might find a "game changer" is not getting marked week by week. 

just a thought & appreciate all you do. 
    with it is that I understand your suggestion and agree with it, my only difficulty with it is in the end of season comparisons as we won't be comparing like with like. I'll see what others say:

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT
    Do Lifers prefer me to use 20 or 30 minutes on the pitch as the cut off for being given a mark, of course AFKA does have a veto, I'll leave this open until Saturday morning
    25 mins as a compromise?
  • Options
    By popular demand Golfie's suggestion of a 20 minute cut off for marks is agreed and starts today 
  • Options
    A bit like sex, 20 minutes is more than enough to judge performance. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Come again?