Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFT sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    "I'm originally from Russia".... :D
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Read the twitter thread by clicking on the "Read the full conversation on twitter" link and then I should be interested if Kent and other supporters of Generous Robots tell us how much they will be investing.Thanks.

NB It's great to know that we have clued up supporters who won't be deflected by criticism from others.
  • Options

Read this thread by clicking on the "Read the full conversation on twitter" link and then I should be interested if Kent and other supporters of Generous Robots tell us how much they will be investing.Thanks.
    I asked that a couple of pages back. Answer came there none.
    @kentaddick @cafcpolo
  • Options

So, it’s a secretive financial service firm (operating in a high-risk, fraud-riddled, unregulated industry) which presents itself as a DAO, though privately admits it isn’t and yet refuses to reveal anything else. Anyone who gives them money needs their heads tested.
  • Options
    Thread of the year, obv
  • Options
    Well, I'd literally rather do anything else with my money 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are NO useful applications for NFTs yet. They are ALL, without fail, a way for cryptobros to cash out. You might make some money in the short term, but as soon as they've managed to get what they can out, you'll lose everything - if you're holding the non-existent cards when that happens, you're fucked. It's no better than penny stock pump & dumps (worse, because regulators haven't caught up it yet - unlike with boiler rooms)

NFTs have some promise in future potential legitimate applications (gig tickets, for instance, as there's a practical application there) - but not as digital pokemon cards - and anyone who can't see the con is being obtuse, in on the scam, or delusional. 
    Are you suggesting that the club should pull the deal then? The stark reality is that money talks and whether we’re sponsored by a betting company, crypto exchange or NFT peeps, the club simply cannot turn this down. 
    Do you honestly think any money has been passed with this sponsorship mate? I don’t 
    It looks like they don't have any money.
  • Options
    It's gone very quiet on this thread, where has JohnnyB and his advocates gone?
  • Options

Read this thread by clicking on the "Read the full conversation on twitter" link and then I should be interested if Kent and other supporters of Generous Robots tell us how much they will be investing.Thanks.
    I asked that a couple of pages back. Answer came there none.
    @kentaddick @cafcpolo
    Didn't see the question but I've made it clear that I don't believe in this style of "art" as NFTs here and on the crypto thread, so obviously a no from me.

The point I've been making is that just because you don't believe in something, doesn't automatically make it a scam or ponzi like most are saying. If it turns out to be, then so be it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JohnnyB said:
    Why doesn't the NFT simply trade in an established currency?
    Because NFTs are created on a cryptocurrency blockchain. This gives them a unique address which cannot be replicated so you know that it is original. 

seth plum said:
    Way too many hoops to jump through.
    And for what?
    This is how NFTs work.

There is huge demand and interest in NFTs around the world. For example, Adidas and Nike have sold new shoe and trainer collections this year as NFTs where demand outstripped the supply which led to huge prices being paid in the marketplaces https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nike-cryptokicks-nft-blockchain-metaverse-rtfkt

Sports clubs and teams in the US are pushing more and more into NFTs. The NBA's official NFTs have a total traded volume now in excess of $1bn.

I think the Premier League clubs have agreed to a deal to sell NFTs that should be coming this year as they realise the demand and size of the market. So you potentially buy a player card or a video of a goal that has been converted into a NFT and the owner will hold the rights to it.
    Why the hell does anyone want a picture of some trainers?  Why would an NFT video of a goal be worth anything?  You won't own the rights the goal do you, just THAT video of it.

I can see value in the technology.  Storing electronic documents etc.  A really good market for NFTs would be trading card games like magic the gathering.

But the idea that a picture of a monkey in a football shirt has value because its a NFT not just a picture of a monkey in a football shirt is absolutely nonsense.
    Why the hell does anyone want a picture of anything? Whilst i haven't a clue about NFT's, surely this is not that much different to owning any picture? For example i've got a picture framed of the Bauer play off winner. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Ha ha that seems perfectly above board. Don't usually see people dressed like that for an interview unless they're on Ross Kemp gangs.
  • Options
    I still can’t get my head around crypto and why if blockchain is so secure and transparent do we see stories of people losing their digital wallet or acces to it and the associated wealth. 

I can’t reconcile the supposed benefit of blockchain if the associated wallet is a weak point in the end to end solution. 
  • Options
    I still can’t get my head around crypto and why if blockchain is so secure and transparent do we see stories of people losing their digital wallet or acces to it and the associated wealth. 

I can’t reconcile the supposed benefit of blockchain if the associated wallet is a weak point in the end to end solution. 
    Does that not prove its security though? Lose your keys, you lose access, your fault.

Also an element of stupidity and naivety to it as well with regards to scams. No different to every day life and call centres pretending to be Microsoft, or test n trace texts, etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    cafcpolo said:

Does that not prove its security though? Lose your keys, you lose access, your fault.

Also an element of stupidity and naivety to it as well with regards to scams. No different to every day life and call centres pretending to be Microsoft, or test n trace texts, etc.
    No at least not to me. 

My bank can trace me and help me if I forget my account number or lose my card etc. it’s not irretrievably gone. 

That’s the mental leap I can’t make as to why it’s better long term if my wallet can be stolen and no recourse. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

No at least not to me. 

My bank can trace me and help me if I forget my account number or lose my card etc. it’s not irretrievably gone. 

That’s the mental leap I can’t make as to why it’s better long term if my wallet can be stolen and no recourse. 
    I get it, but let's not forget, crypto is not replacing the pound, dollar or any other currency regardless of what people might say. Certainly not in the short to medium term.

If you lose your bank card, there's a possibility that you're going to be losing some money. Same if you get scammed.

If I lose my phone I would temporarily lose access to my wallet but I have my wallet keys backed up in multiple locations. If I somehow lost them all then that's no ones fault but mine, it's a shift in responsibility. Could someone get to them of my phone was stolen? Not a chance with the safeguards I have in place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    It's gone very quiet on this thread, where has JohnnyB and his advocates gone?
    Can't say I have seen one person who had advocated anything that JohnnyB has said...... not one person who has suggested that Generous Robots should be invested into and not one person who has stated that they are likely to do so.

NFT's (which were being collectively classed as scams) though are very likely to have several uses in the future that will revolutionise certain industries (sport included).

I did confuse Ultimate Champions (the panini reference) with this, so apologies if I made light of what in all essence looks very unattractive (and potentially dangerous) as an investment and is something that few if any will be interested in.

I also see the value in CAST asking the right questions so that any vulnerable supporters could be protected from believing this is something they should involve themselves with, just because it is aligned to the football club.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see if GR have actually paid any hard currency to CAFC 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Herbalife documentary on Netflix was good re pyramid schemes. 
    As is LulaRich on Amazon Prime. 

The line between "Multi level marketing" and pyramid selling is very, very fine. The defining difference, to my understanding, is that you should be able to make a sizeable proportion of your income in one of the schemes from selling products to individuals outside the scheme rather than just recruiting. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JohnnyB said:
    Why doesn't the NFT simply trade in an established currency?
    Because NFTs are created on a cryptocurrency blockchain. This gives them a unique address which cannot be replicated so you know that it is original. 

seth plum said:
    Way too many hoops to jump through.
    And for what?
    This is how NFTs work.

There is huge demand and interest in NFTs around the world. For example, Adidas and Nike have sold new shoe and trainer collections this year as NFTs where demand outstripped the supply which led to huge prices being paid in the marketplaces https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nike-cryptokicks-nft-blockchain-metaverse-rtfkt

Sports clubs and teams in the US are pushing more and more into NFTs. The NBA's official NFTs have a total traded volume now in excess of $1bn.

I think the Premier League clubs have agreed to a deal to sell NFTs that should be coming this year as they realise the demand and size of the market. So you potentially buy a player card or a video of a goal that has been converted into a NFT and the owner will hold the rights to it.
    Why the hell does anyone want a picture of some trainers?  Why would an NFT video of a goal be worth anything?  You won't own the rights the goal do you, just THAT video of it.

I can see value in the technology.  Storing electronic documents etc.  A really good market for NFTs would be trading card games like magic the gathering.

But the idea that a picture of a monkey in a football shirt has value because its a NFT not just a picture of a monkey in a football shirt is absolutely nonsense.
    Why the hell does anyone want a picture of anything? Whilst i haven't a clue about NFT's, surely this is not that much different to owning any picture? For example i've got a picture framed of the Bauer play off winner. 
    Digital fashion in the form of nfts will be massive. People pay thousand of pounds on in-game purchases/skins already... The metaverse hasn't even broken the seal yet.  
  • Options
    @Huskaris who is Billy? Do you mean Russian “Tim”? 

It’s not exactly a game- changer but I am struggling to think of a Russian male’s name that abbreviates to Tim. He’s as dodgy as they come, is our Tim.

• Options
    I’m really not down with all this NFT stuff,all I know is they have ruined a good set of shorts…🤨
  • Options
    @Huskaris who is Billy? Do you mean Russian “Tim”? 

It’s not exactly a game- changer but I am struggling to think of a Russian male’s name that abbreviates to Tim. He’s as dodgy as they come, is our Tim.

Assume he means our temporary robot loving guest.