Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garner’s press conferences and match previews

Comments

• Options
    Garner isn't going to drastically change his style, as he LIKES to play a slow passing game
    I think he actually likes a fast passing game in the last two thirds.
  • Options
    “We need to get not just the type of player but the type of character that's going to take us forward in how we want to grow the football club and how we want to play.”

Really need to get these bad eggs out of the club. Adkins and now this.
  • Options
    Major said:Guy can't win 

Come on 2 in 12 in this unbelievably tough division is greeeeeat
    just the mighty bottom of the table Morecambe have won less and everyone but second bottom Burton have won more …..

2 wins in 12 is awful in any and every division. There is no defending how dreadful it is. 

It is a clear indicator that we are absolutely beyond shite.

They collectively all don't care enough and have been charltonised with full force. 

Nigel Adkins got a lot of criticism but there is something deeper going on here. He is not alone in terms of being shit under sir Danish Brent mister general regime 
  • Options
    clive said:
    1 player with a slight knock who will miss tomorrow.

Aneke  ??...😁
  • Options
    clive said:
    1 player with a slight knock who will miss tomorrow.

Aneke  ??...😁
    I reckon its either Fraser or Sess,both took heavy tackles late in the game on Monday
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    clive said:
    "We need to show our attacking intent....."

Then perhaps start with more than one striker....or if you must leave one on the bench try bringing him on with more than 15 mins to go 😄.

Our "wide" players have scored more goals than our strikers. We are now relying on CBT (knock) and JRS (inconsistent) to win us games. And our defenders. Perhaps our strikers might want to chip in with a few to help out once in a while. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

Then perhaps start with more than one striker....or if you must leave one on the bench try bringing him on with more than 15 mins to go 😄.

Our "wide" players have scored more goals than our strikers. We are now relying on CBT (knock) and JRS (inconsistent) to win us games. And our defenders. Perhaps our strikers might want to chip in with a few to help out once in a while. 
    As our wide players score more than our strikers, maybe drop the striker for a wide player 😉
  • Options
    Stockley with a brace.

Hopefully the injury isn't too bad !

I have a feeling, Jayden to get two goals tomorrow: one with his head and one with his right foot.

2-1 and the confidence grows but still in 7th as Bolton win as well.

• Options
    I really like this guy. He has something about him.
  • Options
    clive said:

Posts like this after 3 wins on the bounce will make the same points sound weak when they need to be made ;)
  • Options
    I really like this guy. He has something about him.
    Who? Golfaddick??
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    mendonca said:
    clive said:

Posts like this after 3 wins on the bounce will make the same points sound weak when they need to be made ;)
    Just bringing it up now so it's not news when we go 5 games without a win because we arent scoring more than the opposition. 

Our "goals for" column looks good (23 in 15) but is skewed by the fact we've scored 12 of those goals in just 3 games (all at home). That means in the other 12 games we've scored 11 goals. 

Our strikers have got

That won't get you promoted. 

But I'm on the wrong thread so I'll leave it there. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Didnt realise that Inniss now has a two game ban... Guess thats because its his second red of the season.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Didnt realise that Inniss now has a two game ban... Guess thats because its his second red of the season.
    Will his second game be Brighton U21 or Coalville?

Hopefully it won't affect our league form much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    clive said:
    Will his second game be Brighton U21 or Coalville?

Hopefully it won't affect our league form much.
    Maybe the Brighton game, as its another EFL competition, but wont be surprised if its Burton as suspensions seem to be linked to the competition they happened in these days
  • Options
    To my knowledge, red cards apply across all competitions but it’s an accumulation of yellow cards that do not. Therefore, you would anticipate that Inniss will next be available for the Coalville game next weekend and only miss one league game. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    To my knowledge, red cards apply across all competitions but it’s an accumulation of yellow cards that do not. Therefore, you would anticipate that Inniss will next be available for the Coalville game next weekend and only miss one league game. 
    Nope. EFL Trophy matches do not apply. He will also miss the FA Cup game but still only miss one league fixture.

And yes, rather than editing I replied to myself. :smile:
    Does that mean he can play in the Wednesday game?
  • Options
    I'd forgotten about the FGR sending off for 2 yellows, as it was right at the end of the game so didn't affect it.
  • Options
    Note Leaburn has now become a 'longer term' injury
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Note Leaburn has now become a 'longer term' injury
    The standard Charlton injury progression, from minor strain via complications to "season ending"
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Nope. EFL Trophy matches do not apply. He will also miss the FA Cup game but still only miss one league fixture.

He can play Wednesday but not today and not next Saturday.

Basically, suspensions carry across competitions except EFL Trophy matches.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Southbank said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

He can play Wednesday but not today and not next Saturday.

Basically, suspensions carry across competitions except EFL Trophy matches.
    Proof it's not taken seriously.