Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emails offering money

We have all had them, and mine seem to be on the increase, but to my shock they are not all from Africa or India offeringing me hundreds of thousands of pounds we have moved to Japan in recent days.

DO they or are there really people that stupid to think these emails offering free money by using your bank account are real?

Comments

• I get about 10 a day into my spam folder. Started about three months ago.. given up reading them now but think most of them are viruses these days and coming from all over the world. it is weird tho.
  • edited July 2007
    We've got a '419' league table. Two competitions, one for the highest single amount on for the aggregate over the month. Best we've had this month is £5.75 million for moving £107 mil that belonged to a dead minister of a minor African state.
  • You may laugh, but people still get taken in by these and the other finance scams.
  • I got one through the post the other day
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]You may laugh, but people still get taken in by these and the other finance scams.

that's there fault for being so greedy
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]You may laugh, but people still get taken in by these and the other finance scams.[/quote]

that's there fault for being so greedy[/quote]

Yep, but with double helpings of gullibility.

I remember first reading of this scam long before the internet era - 20 plus years ago and people were falling for it then.
  • We have one guy in our office who's job included investigating all these emails that we recieve if they ever mention financial institutions we have a link with.

I remember working for a company that used to get them by fax years ago.