Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pick your greatest all-time Premier League team of the last 30 years

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Surprised by how many are going for Vidic.  Not sure I'd even put him in a United XI - Ferdinand and Stam were better.
    He come's from Serbia,
    He'll f*cking murder ye.....

I nearly went for yip yap, then found I couldn't, but went for the partnership.  I wanted Rio, because he dances in the sand, but I probably could have picked 10 others to partner him.

Funny enough Clive Mendonca once told me that the best center half he ever played against was Ronnie Johnson.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Apart from the Brexit XI it's unanimous on the keeper - probably the easiest position to fill!

Henry in every team bar one also.
    I must have been about 10 or 11 when United signed him.  I don't think I had ever seen a man that looked like him.  He was massive.  He would be worth 100s of millions today. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Surprised by how many are going for Vidic.  Not sure I'd even put him in a United XI - Ferdinand and Stam were better.
    I disagree, but opinions are what football is all about.

Indeed!
  • Options
    I said it earlier but I can’t believe Stam is not on the list. Was thinking who will I partner with him ! 
  • Options
    edited August 2022

• Options
    This was the most voted team. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    So the most voted back four was England’s ‘Golden Generation’ defence. 

Still trying to work out what went wrong there….
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Brexit XI

That midfield won't work Sven 😕😫😪
    We’ll make it work. Get Brexit XI done.
    Is this one of those Brexit “opportunities” that haven’t been realised?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Brexit XI

That midfield won't work Sven 😕😫😪
    We’ll make it work. Get Brexit XI done.
    Is this one of those Brexit “opportunities” that haven’t been realised?
    Yes, we’d have won the Euros had Southgate played 4-4-2 with a nippy striker partnering Kane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went for a traditional 442 with wingers, on the grounds that Keane and Vieira in the centre could do the job of 3 midfielders!

• Options
    Kiely
    Young, Rufus, Costa, Hreidarsson
    Parker, Murphy, Jensen, 
    Rommedahl, Bent, DiCanio
     :D 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Think it was not knowing how to best utilise the 6 players in front of that defence was the issue 
  • Options
    Kiely
    Parker, Murphy, Jensen, 
    Rommedahl, Bent, DiCanio
    Controversial I know, but I would stick Smertin or Song in the middle for us...... if its not CAFC legends (ie Kinsella) and purely most talented players, either of those 2 would make it for me.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

Think it was not knowing how to best utilise the 6 players in front of that defence was the issue 
    And David Seaman fucking up in 2002
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The problem with anything like this is recency bias. As demonstrated by Shearer not being in every team and Kante making the list in the first place.
  • Options
    Kiely
    Parker, Murphy, Jensen, 
    Rommedahl, Bent, DiCanio
    Is that Bent D or Bent M?
  • Options
    Don't you prefer a thread: 'Tiramisu for newborns yes or yes..?'
  • Options
    I do dislike this attempt to rewrite history and pretend top flight football started with the arrival of the premiership. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a good overall team, my only issue being the inclusion of Ronaldo who played his best football once he had left the PL in my view. Players like Aguero or Rooney to name 2 are not as good as Ronaldo overall but we're better PL players in my view.
  • Options
    I do dislike this attempt to rewrite history and pretend top flight football started with the arrival of the premiership. 
    It is to celebrate 30 years of the premier league. Do you expect Dixie Dean to be in there ?

if there was a best team of the 2000’s you wouldn’t moan that players from the 80’s and 90’s are excluded. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    It is to celebrate 30 years of the premier league. Do you expect Dixie Dean to be in there ?

if there was a best team of the 2000’s you wouldn’t moan that players from the 80’s and 90’s are excluded. 
    I know what it is and what it is is what I don’t like. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Think Vierra would be doing a lot of heavy lifting in this side but still, bags of goals.