Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL Highlights Show

I have really enjoyed watching the EFL highlights show now it's on mainstream tv. Although what has struck me is how close the Championship and league one are in terms of quality. There are quite a few teams up there that might not find it very easy getting out of league one imo and alternatively a few teams in league one that would hold their own in the championship. 

Comments

• Options
    That cool jazz intro music...

• Options
    Followed the match thread on CL on Saturday so switched on EFL highlights to watch a few of our chances in the 1st half. Apart from a couple of seconds  on Sheffield Wed 1st half it was all about Weds 2nd half  you would never have known about our earlier dominance. ITV4 need to show a modicum of balance 

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    AndyG said:
    I have really enjoyed watching the EFL highlights show now it's on mainstream tv. Although what has struck me is how close the Championship and league one are in terms of quality. There are quite a few teams up there that might not find it very easy getting out of league one imo and alternatively a few teams in league one that would hold their own in the championship. 

The 72 teams that make up the EFL are almost split down the middle at this point. 12 teams in League One that probably wouldn't be out of place in the Championship (reputation and/or performance wise) and 12 teams that wouldn't be out of place in League Two.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Followed the match thread on CL on Saturday so switched on EFL highlights to watch a few of our chances in the 1st half. Apart from a couple of seconds  on Sheffield Wed 1st half it was all about Weds 2nd half  you would never have known about our earlier dominance. ITV4 need to show a modicum of balance 

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.
    We were one of the shorter segments so essentially they only show the goals plus a few seconds more. 

If they showed all the chances in all the games the show would be three hours long 
  • Options
    Intro music should be Beautiful Day though
  • Options
    Just caught up with this. I think they slightly got our game wrong, as the key moment from the first half was the CBT miss, rather than the Wednesday chance they showed.

AndyG said:

The show has always been on mainstream TV, Quest might be a lesser known channel, but has a prominent channel number for example (On Freeview it's Channel 12 or 114 in HD)
  • Options
    In today's Mirror.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Disappointing if true. It made a big difference when they went from the 30 minute "goalrush" format for L1 and L2, to a proper 1 hour segment.
  • Options
    What's the real value of a broadcast show for such a small slice of highlights in a world where you can see the goals and probably 3 or 4 minutes of the game before you've got home on the Saturday
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    What's the real value of a broadcast show for such a small slice of highlights in a world where you can see the goals and probably 3 or 4 minutes of the game before you've got home on the Saturday
    Because it's nice to see the whole division, and a bit of analysis in one place. I don't watch it for the Charlton match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Because it's nice to see the whole division, and a bit of analysis in one place. I don't watch it for the Charlton match.

I agree . I watch to follow the division and get to understand who the likely best sides are. The pundits who on the whole are good for that.