Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunday meat

Can't beat a nice fresh roast on a sunday.

What you got, chicken, lamb, beef, pork ???

Nice roast chicken today, plenty of crispy skin. Cooking now and the house smells fantastic !

Comments

• Chicken, managed to find some sprouts in the supermarket so it had to be. (Sprouts not common out here for some reason.)
  • What you stuffing the bird with?
  • Ain't eating a thing today. Had a barbie yesterday and was drinking Turbo Shandies til half four this morning - a seriously heavy day.

Two of the lads who stayed over are topping up in the Beehive as I type this. I like a meth with the best, but the thought of doing anything other than sitting on the sofa and going for the occassional crap is just beyond me today.
  • Mrs Algarve does the stuffing (oor-err missus). Jolly old paxo, plus some of her home made stuff too - mmmm delicious.
  • had a nice roast chicken today, followed by some fresh made apple and blackberry crumble (the blackberry bushes down the road were full of ripe fruit today)
  • I had some toast and went swimming.
  • Went to the Chaser Inn in Shipbourne for lunch today. They do a mega roast for £13.95. Lamb, beef and pork with stuffing, yorkshire pudd, crackling and roast spuds. I just wish that wouldn't muck around with the veg though. When a dinner like that is crying out for peas and carrots you get braised beetroot and red cabbage.
  • edited July 2007
    Whoops...double post
  • you can beat a nice fresh roast if your a vegetarian!
  • Can't beat microwaved doner meat from the night before...

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: markwebb21[/cite]you can beat a nice fresh roast if your a vegetarian!

nut roast or rosted veegies and pasta. Mmmmmmmmm
  • I don't eat roast dinners when the weather is warm, the last thing i fancy when it's 20 degrees outside is roast beef and all the trimmings!

My choice would be a BBQ when it's warm and a roast dinner when cold... Lamb is def my favorite
  • Lamb all day long - yum yum yum
  • Lamb love it
  • roast beef with lashings of horseradish
  • Roast Lamb last night with roast pots, broccolli, carrots, runner beans, parsnips and lashing of gravy and mint sauce. Apple pie and custard to finish. Lovely jubbly!
  • bump,

if ever there was a day for a nice roast dinner, it is today !

chicken again for moi
  • hope it was reared the right way and not 2 for a fiver from tesco ;-)
  • Rack of Lamb for me today...Hmmmnn
  • also having Lamb today
  • Sponsored links:

• rib of beef, wow what an awesome cut! This one of my first rib of beeth efforts, it was amazing!
  • Lamb also for me, with chocolate fudge cake and custard for afters. Mmmmmmmmm
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]rib of beef, wow what an awesome cut! This one of my first rib of beeth efforts, it was amazing![div class=Attachments id=Attachments_298533 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]rib of beeth!.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Mcs, why is it I'm very nervous when your posts contain a photo? ;-)
  • lol, you'd not be the only one methinks!
  • check out the lead story:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/

Apparantly one average cow in one year produces the greenhouse gas equivalent of four flights between London and New York, or a car doing over 7000 miles.
  • edited September 2008
    thats a good stat seth but not as good as the did you know below

did you know that there is enough strands of hair in an mcs beard to build 100 dolphin friendly fishing nets for or the equvilant of 1 hundred bows for their arrows of a lost tribe in the amazon

ols you have made me fecking hungry
  • roast beef today! :-)
  • sorry nth londondudeman, awesome stat!! its gettin bigger this beard of mine!!

roasted a gammon today, lovely! had it with chips and eggs, the mrs didnt wanna roast! ;-(
  • mate we are having NLJR choice food day ive got a fish cake some fish fingers and some chips what i would do for some of your dinner but a deal is a deal with your kid
  • Left over curry brought round by Lookie last night - not a bit of meat in sight!