Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please remind me of these match day smells

2»

Comments

• Options
    Remember the smell of burnt sugar when I first started going.
    ... from Tate and Lyle ? When I lived in Woolwich as  a kid (Samuel St) we got a rate rebate because of the smell!
    They probably added it on to thamesmeads council tax,. Used to visit family there as a kid who loved the sinking marsh and sewerage aroma.  Can you really get a council tax reduction for living in a smelly area?  Dartford, Erith Upon Thames and Slade Green must be tax exempt 
  • Options
    I can remember a time in the 90s when there was an awful smell at a few home games running. Was like dogfood.

I remember being told it was from the tunnel refineries, but no idea what they were doing there.
  • Options
    the stench of desperation and disappointment. 

much like my love life. 
  • Options
    A lot of people described the ‘burnt sugar’ smell back in the day as being like cheese on toast.
  • Options
    ads said:
    Remember the smell of burnt sugar when I first started going.
    ... from Tate and Lyle ? When I lived in Woolwich as  a kid (Samuel St) we got a rate rebate because of the smell!
    They probably added it on to thamesmeads council tax,. Used to visit family there as a kid who loved the sinking marsh and sewerage aroma.  Can you really get a council tax reduction for living in a smelly area?  Dartford, Erith Upon Thames and Slade Green must be tax exempt 
    We did in the 70s
  • Options
    Horse shit on the roads
  • Options
    The smell of fear when realise you don't recognise anyone standing in your usual spot in the Covered End and they're all looking at you.