Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 1-1 Cambridge

many thanks to the 85 Lifers who gave marks
I was asked if the Plymouth avg was the highest - over the past 3 seasons yes with the nearest being last season Plymouth at home 8.16
Interesting that while our passing is still high, on aeriels, dribbles, tackles and dispossession Cambridge were better

Comments

• Options
    I agreed with Fraser being MOTM, I thought he had an effective game
  • Options
    An effective 2/3 of a game.  He seems to run out of steam at the 60 minute mark - up to then he is a class act...
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    An effective 2/3 of a game.  He seems to run out of steam at the 60 minute mark - up to then he is a class act...
    It's frustrating, I just looked up his brilliant season at MK Dons, and he regularly seemed to play the full 90 there

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-fraser/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/193079/plus/0?saison=2020&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    It's frustrating, I just looked up his brilliant season at MK Dons, and he regularly seemed to play the full 90 there

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-fraser/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/193079/plus/0?saison=2020&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=
    The air's thinner up North, you don't require so much effort to run through it.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:

Could be the intensity that Garner is asking our team to play at nowadays as well.

I'm glad he won MOTM though as I thought he was our best player on Saturday - nearly everything went through him and when he started to tire was when Cambridge started to have some success
  • Options
    still not keeping enough clean sheets. six games and only one. i reckon if we are to have a chance to be near the top then it must be 1 in 3  not 1 in 6.
  • Options
    didn't see the game .. good to see Fraser appears to be in some kind of form .. OR were the good marks simply on the strength of his goal ?
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    still not keeping enough clean sheets. six games and only one. i reckon if we are to have a chance to be near the top then it must be 1 in 3  not 1 in 6.
    To start with, we have 1 in 5. That's 11/12 a season. But those clean sheets only benefit if we're scoring and for that we have 9, only Portsmouth, Peterborough and Ipswich have more goals than us (12,12,10 respectively).

For clean sheets a lot of clubs have 3 from 5:
    Ipswich, Bolton, S Weds, Plymouth, Peterborough, 

The opponents matter too.
    We have played Accrington - score draw everywhere, Derby, Plymouth, Wednesday and Cambridge. 
    Ipswich have played Bolton, Forest Green, Burton, Shrewsbury and their only big scalp - MK Dons. 

It's undeniable we should be doing better against Cambridge but it was an individuals multiple errors in one phase of play that led to the goal. 

Innis dribbled out without reason, picked and failed to make a pass to a marked player, failed to get back in time and didn't close his man for the simple cross in. His lack of discipline pulled us out of shape all over the pitch.
  • Options
    didn't see the game .. good to see Fraser appears to be in some kind of form .. OR were the good marks simply on the strength of his goal ?
    His goal was a tap in from yards out - he got strong marks as he was the one in midfield picking up the ball, with good close control under pressure, then distributing the ball well.
  • Options
    His goal was a tap in from yards out - he got strong marks as he was the one in midfield picking up the ball, with good close control under pressure, then distributing the ball well.
    Agree. Personally think Dobson has been massively scored on credit than his performance on the day too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Agree. Personally think Dobson has been massively scored on credit than his performance on the day too. 
    I marked him highly - personally thought he had a good game and broke up their play in the middle of the park really well, even though I don't think he was a 100% after he went over his ankle before halftime. He did also have a 92% Pass completion as well, although they were mostly sideways admittedly.

I watched on the stream rather than in person so you probably saw more of his play in the game than myself 
  • Options
    A tap in. Yes but when was the last time we had a midfielder knocking a tap in from within the 6 yard box. Two passes after having the ball around the half way line. More tap ins please! 
  • Options
    redman said:
    A tap in. Yes but when was the last time we had a midfielder knocking a tap in from within the 6 yard box. Two passes after having the ball around the half way line. More tap ins please! 
    100%, Fraser has already equalled Gilbey’s 2 league goals last season. We should comfortably have a better spread of goals across the team than last season, the question is will it be enough?