Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We might be 8th but ….

Comments

• Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

Our 6 games all vs teams in the current top 12.  They all came above us last season apart from Cambridge who finished one place behind.  

We've made a good start.  And we have some entitled whiny fans who are currently stamping their feet because we’re not top right now.
    The most overused and misused word on CL this decade so far.
    100 % Agree. 
    Because we are pissed off spending so many season In league one we are entitled. 
    What a load of bollox 
    expecting a 5-1 win every week....

lol

sorry football doesn't work that way
    I don't think I've ever expected a 5_1 victory in my life.
    Nice try at making up what I've actually said.
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

Our 6 games all vs teams in the current top 12.  They all came above us last season apart from Cambridge who finished one place behind.  

We've made a good start.  And we have some entitled whiny fans who are currently stamping their feet because we’re not top right now.
    100 % Agree. 
    Because we are pissed off spending so many season In league one we are entitled. 
    What a load of bollox 

lol

ok how about telling us what you do expect then? apparently what we are building isn't good enough for you
    Ok.
    Idont expect premier league football again in my lifetime. 
    Unless of course some billionaire turns up.
    I've never seen us win a major trophy and I probably never will.
    But expecting us to be able to get back to the championship does not make me entitled. 
    Unfortunately under Sandgaard I can't see this happening. 
    we want the same thing.
    Well exactly. 
    I think where we disagree is wheather it will happen under Sandgaard. 
    Hopefully I'm wrong and he will get us promoted to the championship. 
    So I hope you are correct. 
  • Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 

lol

P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 

lol

ok how about telling us what you do expect then? apparently what we are building isn't good enough for you
    Ok.
    But expecting us to be able to get back to the championship does not make me entitled. 
    we want the same thing.
    Well exactly. 
    I asked what you expect, not what you want so you didn't answer my question
  • Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 

lol

P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 

lol

Ok.
    we want the same thing.
    Well exactly. 
    I asked what you expect, not what you want so you didn't answer my question
    I expect an owner to get us back to the championship. 
    I do not believe Sandgaard will deliver this.
    In fact I expect him to bail out within the next two years. 
  • Options
    no, no, i am asking what you expect right now, with what we know about this team after 6-8 games. Should we be higher or lower?
  • Options
    no, no, i am asking what you expect right now, with what we know about this team after 6-8 games. Should we be higher or lower?
    Unless we sign a decent striker and a centre half I expect us to finish mid table. 
    And for me that's not good enough. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Unless we sign a decent striker and a centre half I expect us to finish mid table. 
    are you basing that conclusion on (edit on not of) our current results or just your own intuition?
  • Options
    are you basing that conclusion of our current results or just your own intuition?
    I'm a season ticket holder and I also go to away games. 
    I was at Wycombe yesterday. 
    So I'm basing it on what I see.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I know that this wasn't aimed at me but I expect us to have a realistic chance of getting promoted.  Every year we are in league 1.

As it stands we don't.  That's not a reflection on how well the games have gone so far.  9 points is a good, very good  start.  

We are 1 or 2 key injuries away from mid table.  If that changes in the next 4 days, fantastic.

I don't think expecting promotion from the 3rd tier is entitled.  In fact I am not sure if if I find it offensive or defeatist.
    errr what..? are you looking at last years table? 

ok where is jeremy beadle i feel like i',m being pranked. we've lost one bloody game in 6. I give up.
  • Options
    What was expectation in terms of point return and performance from the 6 games we have played so far?

(you might have put this in the points prediction thread but I’ve not seen it if so)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I know that this wasn't aimed at me but I expect us to have a realistic chance of getting promoted.  Every year we are in league 1.

As it stands we don't.  That's not a reflection on how well the games have gone so far.  9 points is a good, very good  start.  

We are 1 or 2 key injuries away from mid table.  If that changes in the next 4 days, fantastic.

I don't think expecting promotion from the 3rd tier is entitled.  In fact I am not sure if if I find it offensive or defeatist.

ok where is jeremy beadle i feel like i',m being pranked. we've lost one bloody game in 6. I give up.
    And we have only won 2.  Its not promotion form.  

Yes we have only played teams that are in the top half but Cambridge and Accrington are unlikely to finish in the top 10.

We will draw to many games because we are a striker light and a center half short.  

I said we have had a very good start, but you ignored that...

Where is beadle when you need him, or just ignore what I actually said.  Either way is fine.
  • Options
    What was expectation in terms of point return and performance from the 6 games we have played so far?

(you might have put this in the points prediction thread but I’ve not seen it if so)
    I can't remember exactly what I posted  but I think I said something along the lines of after 6 games we would be playing catch up.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes we have only played teams that are in the top half but Cambridge and Accrington are unlikely to finish in the top 10.

We will draw to many games because we are a striker light and a center half short.  

Where is beadle when you need him, or just ignore what I actually said.  Either way is fine.
    edit, no you're right. i apoligise. this is why it's a bad idea to reply to two people at the same time
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

edit, no you're right. i apoligise. this is why it's a bad idea to reply to two people at the same time
    No problem. For what it's worth I predicted 10 points from the first six games and an 8th place finish.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

No problem. For what it's worth I predicted 10 points from the first six games and an 8th place finish.
    for what it's worth, I think we can get top 4 - i don't buy into needing a striker. I think ten goals each from the front 3 is enough - and i have a sneaky feeling Rak might get more
  • Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 
    We are an entitled bunch, we’ve only played top half teams including 1st and 3rd favourites to win the league and last seasons play off finalists, we’ve lost once marginally to Sheff Wed who are pummelling teams.  And we’re still moaning.  We’re sitting mid table come Christmas I’ll agree with you all, until then it’s just a tantrum.  

The reason entitled is used so much is cos we’re an entitled bunch.  

Entitled or self-entitled? 

It seems to me that the definition of each is misunderstood.

The confusion arises because 'self entitled' and a 'sense of entitlement' are the same but shortening the latter to just entitlement or entitled is incorrect as the meaning is different.

I'd love to be entitled to everything but even if I were I mightn't necessarily be self entitled, or equally I could be self entitled without having any actual entitlement.

So please stop saying that some fans are entitled, because if they are then please explain what they are entitled to.
  • Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 
    We are an entitled bunch, we’ve only played top half teams including 1st and 3rd favourites to win the league and last seasons play off finalists, we’ve lost once marginally to Sheff Wed who are pummelling teams.  And we’re still moaning.  We’re sitting mid table come Christmas I’ll agree with you all, until then it’s just a tantrum.  

The confusion arises because 'self entitled' and a 'sense of entitlement' are the same but shortening the latter to just entitlement or entitled is incorrect as the meaning is different.

I'd love to be entitled to everything but even if I were I mightn't necessarily be self entitled, or equally I could be self entitled without having any actual entitlement.

So please stop saying that some fans are entitled, because if they are then please explain what they are entitled to.
    some fans think we should be beating everyone because we used to be premier league.

dress it up how you want but that's entitlement just like sheff weds fans were to us a few years back.

• Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 

some fans think we should be beating everyone because we used to be premier league.

dress it up how you want but that's entitlement just like sheff weds fans were to us a few years back.

No, that's self-entitlement. 

Anyway, I risk being pedantic about this.
    I'm pretty sure you mean self-entitled.
    Assuming this to be the case I then ask why you consider such self-entitlement to be misplaced. If Cheltenham, Burton, Fleetwood or Forest Green fans claimed that they should be in the top two divisions then that would be misplaced self entitlement as between them they've only had one season there.
    If Charlton, Portsmouth or Bolton fans make the same claim then that self-entitlement is understandable surely? We've all grown up with that expectation. If, for example, Arsenal got relegated, would you expect their fans to shrug their shoulders and meekly accept it? Of course not. They would feel a sense of entitlement to be in The Premier League and rightly so. I don't understand why you feel that Charlton fans who feel a sense of entitlement to better than this to be somehow arrogant because that is what is being implied. 
    Of course, as a club we deserve to be in the Third Division, results on the pitch dictate that. Expectations however are higher.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 

Personally, I've not spoken to one fan or read one comment, saying we should be beating everyone because we used to be in The Premier League.

But I believe the vast majority of our fans believe we should "on average" be a mid table Championship team.
    Therefore they are disappointed that we are currently underperforming in the league below.
    The owner is not showing any signs of his actions backing up his boasts.
    Perhaps before the window closes we may sign a couple of "game changers", but I doubt few are overly optimistic?
    on average... ok. I'm 38 dude. we have been league one team for at least a decade.
  • Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 

Personally, I've not spoken to one fan or read one comment, saying we should be beating everyone because we used to be in The Premier League.

But I believe the vast majority of our fans believe we should "on average" be a mid table Championship team.
    Therefore they are disappointed that we are currently underperforming in the league below.
    The owner is not showing any signs of his actions backing up his boasts.
    Perhaps before the window closes we may sign a couple of "game changers", but I doubt few are overly optimistic?
    on average... ok. I'm 38 dude. we have been league one team for at least a decade.
    Dude, you are clearly making things up with your last two posts, which totally undermines your point of view.
  • Options
    6 out of 7 years in league one. Yep... 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

for what it's worth, I think we can get top 4 - i don't buy into needing a striker. I think ten goals each from the front 3 is enough - and i have a sneaky feeling Rak might get more
    So you think 30 goals between 3 "forwards" will be enough to get promoted (assuming you also think the "midfielders" will also chip in with a few each). If so you are very much deluded. In each of our last 4 promotions since 1998 our main striker has scored 20+ goals himself alone. In fact  BWP got the lowest with 22, with Hunt & Taylor getting 25 & Mendonca 28.Alongside them there has also been another player scoring at least 10 goals as well. But my main argument is that the front 3 (and let's use the current 3 of CBT, Stockley & JRS) will in no way get 30 between them. The only thing I agree with you on is that JRS will get more than 10. Also, if you swap Kirk for CBT  I think you'll get pretty much the same result.

As I've said on here a few times recently, our "forwards" and midfielders will just not get enough goals to get us promoted. Players like Kirk, Morgan, Fraser, DJ & Payne just dont seem attack minded enough - especially not to be picking up the slack of the second striker or to replace  Stockleys lack of goals. 

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

So you think 30 goals between 3 "forwards" will be enough to get promoted (assuming you also think the "midfielders" will also chip in with a few each). If so you are very much deluded. In each of our last 4 promotions since 1998 our main striker has scored 20+ goals himself alone. In fact only BWP got the lowest with 22, with Hunt & Taylor getting 25 & Mendonca 28.Alongside them there has also been a player scoring at least 10 goals as well. But my main argument is that the front 3 (and let's use the current 3 of CBT, Stockley & JRS) will on no way get 30 between them. The only thing I agree with you on is that JRS will get more 10. Also, if you swap Kirk for CBT  I think you'll get pretty much the same result.

As I've said on here a few times recently, our "forwards" and midfielders will just not get enough goals to get us promoted. Players like Kirk, Morgan, Fraser, DJ & Payne just dont seem attack minded enough - especially not to be picking up the slack of the second striker and/or Stockleys lack of goals. 

just for the record.. i'm apparently arguing for how well we are doing and also saying we are doing crap... 

edit; so i',m chatting shit. i'm ok with this
  • Options
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 

Thanks for the English lesson but I think it’s pant wettingly (there’s another bit of bad grammar) obvious what I’m getting at.   
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    P6 W2 D3 L1. 

100 % Agree. 
    What a load of bollox 
    Even if some of us were not pissed off with that, we are going to probably cease to exist if the club settled for the crapness that some fans do. Some will say, sod all those negitive bastards, I will come in the National League and support my club. The issue is of course, if you want to talk to the fan sitting closest to you in that circumstance, you will have to get up and walk a fair distance. There are just not enough of you.

The problem for some of us is that we see something we think is badly wrong, and we hope to God we are wrong, but we see that issue shrinking and potentially destroying the club. Do we just shut up if we think that? It is what we believe to be the truth and we think the problem is that for some it is an inconvenient one. I do not believe it will end well with Sandgaard. What could be thrown back at me is what is the alternative and quite frankly that depresses me. (i do need to point out that I am not depressed in my daily life, just in relation to how my football club and indeed the country is run). Oh, maybe I should be more depressed than I am.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If you think 10 goals each is enough from the front 3, how many goals do you expect from elsewhere? You have asked specific questions of Blackpool so tell us what number we will get from defence and midfield and let's add them up and see what it looks like. Unless your defence is amazing, you generally need more than 70 goals. 
  • Options
    The Plymouth game is looking more and more of a bizzare and inexplicable outlier on games so far.  Need more clinical performances and make use of our possession.
    It was a cooler evening more suitable for Garnerball, which is handy given that as much as is made about global warming and temperatures rising the reality is most of the season will be played when it’s not hot