Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Jenkins

First a big thanks to lifers who contributed information about some of our more obscure old players during the period that' The Valiant 1000', volume 1 was being written. The book covering all Charlton players A to H has now been published and can be purchased via info@dixiefriedpublishing.co.uk or at the Museum. I am now working my way through volume 2 which will cover H to P.

Here we go with my first query for you. Peter Jenkins was a full back from Poplar (Lee Bowyer country) and he played twice for Charlton over Christmas 1965 before departing to Barnet where he stayed for five or more years and played more than 250 matches. I would like to contact him if possible or at least find out what happened to him after that. He is now aged 75, but being a Londoner may still be living close at hand.  Who can help,please?

Comments

• edited August 2022
  • He was good mates with Alan Hargreaves and Benny Green at school (couldn't stand Trisha Yates though).
  • He was good mates with Alan Hargreaves and Benny Green at school (couldn't stand Trisha Yates though).
    Flippin heck Tucker 
    *dons pedant cap*
    It was Alan Humphries
    or Gary or Cathy Hargreaves.

You’re welcome.

*removes cap*
  • Colin Powell may well have played with him during his time at Barnet if anyone has contact with him.
  • LenGlover said:
    Colin Powell may well have played with him during his time at Barnet if anyone has contact with him.
    According to the site he played with him 186 times.
  • LenGlover said:
    Colin Powell may well have played with him during his time at Barnet if anyone has contact with him.
    Thanks, Len. Don't know why I did not think of the Barnet connection. I saw Colin at the Valley this evening and he remembers Peter. Apparently, he became a cabbie. He thinks that he knows how to contact him and is going to fix me up to talk to him.