Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PORTSMOUTH CLASH MOVED DUE TO SKY SPORTS SELECTION (now Mon Oct 17th 2022 8pm)

2»

Comments

• Options
    What fee do we get as a home club?

Massive financial hit I suspect for what would have been one of best Saturday incomes of the season 
  • Options
    This should cheer everyone up
  • Options
    One day later and I'd finally have a game on my Birthday 

I'm sure I've seen us draw nil nil with MK Dons on my birthday  ;)
  • Options
    Done me aswell can’t get there now…more away than home I recs for this one…😣
  • Options
    Was looking forward massively to this Saturday fixture, had a couple of non charlton mates intending to come down for the day out. Fucking hate modern football
  • Options
    I hope the SKY fee covers the extra cost of having the flood lights on for longer. 
  • Options
    Didn’t we get promoted the last time we played Pompey at home live on Sky ?
  • Options
    Pompey will show up with a proper away following whatever the circumstances, not full of excuses ..

think they took 2k to Sheff Wed first game of the season , train strikes an all 
    Not if they can't get home...

Looking at the trains, the 23:00 and 23:32 from Waterloo only run to Guildford, where there is a replacement bus. I imagine Network Rail assumed it would be a quiet evening, with few people travelling that late on a Monday evening!
  • Options
    I hope Sky change their minds after seeing that performance from us. would not want a six nil thrashing of us televised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    Pompey will show up with a proper away following whatever the circumstances, not full of excuses ..

think they took 2k to Sheff Wed first game of the season , train strikes an all 
    Not if they can't get home...

Looking at the trains, the 23:00 and 23:32 from Waterloo only run to Guildford, where there is a replacement bus. I imagine Network Rail assumed it would be a quiet evening, with few people travelling that late on a Monday evening!
    It's really quite bizarre!  I live in Haslemere which is on the Portsmouth line just past Guildford.

They have completely cancelled the 22:30 which is the normal train for me to catch after an evening game. Then the 23:00 and 23:30 are  replacement bus services from Guildford onwards!

Given that SWR have a habit of hiring coach companies whose drivers don't know the route and usually provide too few (or sometimes too many) buses, I'll probably give this one a miss!

Will be absolute hell for the drivers and innocent passengers if Pompey lose. If the drivers start asking for directions to "Witley" and  "Rowland's Castle" station en route, I can easily see the buses being hijacked and driven directly to Portsmouth. Big police presence needed!

So although I have a season ticket and work about 8 miles from the Valley, I will have to leave work early so I can get home in time to watch the game on TV. Will probably treat myself to the stream (if there is one) so I get a decent and biased commentary even though I have SKY. 
  • Options
    Selfishly suits me as it is my nights weekend and always goosed when I work, go to the match, then to work. Off for 3 days then.
    Goosed??
    Goosed as in f****d
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching Dane Scarlett :)
    Oh...I'll just shut up then!