Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terell Thomas - June 2024: Signed for Carlisle (p18)

1131415161719»

Comments

• Long way to go but some lovely areas to live and visit. Good luck to him. 
  • Good luck Terell. Yet many thought we should have kept him on. Uhmm?
  • Wishing him all the best. Could live just over the border in Gretna and commute. Gotta be worth it so he can join https://charltonfans.scot/

• edited June 17
    SDAddick said:
    thenewbie said:
    I'm honestly surprised he's dropping to L2, I'd honestly think he'd be able to get another league one deal but I'm glad he's at least not been out of work too long 
    Says a lot that the majority of our defenders end up in L2 not L1 once released!
    Innis and Thomas in L2--both joined sides just relegated to L2. I know Lavelle is there as well but when he left us it was to a L1 side. Deji went to Bromley but wasn't anywhere near our side.

Sess and Clare both finished above us last season. Famewo (I know we didn't release him but chose not to sign him) got promoted after leaving us. 

I wouldn't say it's "the majority," I would say it's "some." 

Of the defenders we have had on permanent contracts who have left us in the last 2 years I think the list is...

Innis, Thomas, Lavelle, Deji, Gunter and Egbo in League Two.

Matthews in Cyprus.

Chin non league.

Clare, Souare, Hector unemployed.

Purrington and O'Connell League One.

That is a whole lot of sub League One shite.

Those who came on loan fractionally better maybe...

Abankwa Serie A U21. 
    Sess L1
    Unemployed Todd Kane and Penny, 
  • Good luck Terell. Yet many thought we should have kept him on. Uhmm?
    I don't remember anyone saying that. Maybe last summer, but not this one. Some thought we should keep Hector, I think everyone on here thought that TT should be (politely) shown the door.
  • SDAddick said:
    thenewbie said:
    I'm honestly surprised he's dropping to L2, I'd honestly think he'd be able to get another league one deal but I'm glad he's at least not been out of work too long 
    Says a lot that the majority of our defenders end up in L2 not L1 once released!
    Innis and Thomas in L2--both joined sides just relegated to L2. I know Lavelle is there as well but when he left us it was to a L1 side. Deji went to Bromley but wasn't anywhere near our side.

Sess and Clare both finished above us last season. Famewo (I know we didn't release him but chose not to sign him) got promoted after leaving us. 

Of the defenders we have had on permanent contracts who have left us in the last 2 years I think the list is...

Matthews in Cyprus.

Chin non league.

Abankwa Serie A U21. 
    Sess L1
    Absolutely dreadful recruitment. And they have all found their level. 
  • Lavelle and Thomas should be a decent pairing league below, if not part of a 3 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 17
    SDAddick said:
    thenewbie said:

Matthews in Cyprus.

Chin non league.

Abankwa Serie A U21. 
    Sess L1
    Fair, there's a lot of shit there. I would note Clare is still at Wigan, and Hector is unemployed as of what, today? Or whenever contracts end. And the likes of Chin, Deji, and Lavelle weren't getting in the team at the end.

That being said, the bigger issue here as you rightly point out is a string of bad recruitment. Flipping it around slightly, who of the recent defensive signings can be considered a success? 

1. O'Connell we made a profit on, yes he went to non league, but he went to USA USA USA FC so that's kind of a special case. I wish we still had him as I think he would do well under Jones. Two footed, pretty mobile, good on the ball. 
    2. Small
    3. Hector-I know some really don't rate him, but I would consider him a success even if there is disagreement over whether or not he should have been resigned.
    4. Lloyd Jones--I'm kind of pushing it here, but he had two or three good months next to Hector and then struggled with injuries the rest of the season. 
    5. Sess (loan)
    6. Ness--Again really stretching as he was signed as a youth team player

That's over the last, what, 2-3 years? It's not fun reading. What's just as concerning to me is that REG and Gillesphey aren't on that list but are still under contract, as are Ness and Jones who are a stretch. 

I've said it for years and will probably spend the next few years saying it: it's not how much money has been spent, it's how it has been spent. 
  • SDAddick said:
    Good luck Terell. Yet many thought we should have kept him on. Uhmm?
    I don't remember anyone saying that. Maybe last summer, but not this one. Some thought we should keep Hector, I think everyone on here thought that TT should be (politely) shown the door.
    Read just page 16 of this thread to find at least four fans who thought we should have given him a new contract.
  • It's a dreadful record compared to the Powell team where we signed defenders who either were Championship level or  L1. 

Morrison who went on to have a long Championship career
    Wiggins who was good enough to be a PL reserve for Bournemouth
    Evina who stayed with us in the Championship, then left to play in L1
    Taylor who stayed with us in the Championship, then went back to L1
    Cort who was still good enough to play 2 Championship season for us.

We've been dreadful in recent years at signing players who can step up with us, and instead have bought ones where mid table L1 is actually their peak...
  • That’s a jaunt for a South Eastern lad. Bet he is gutted that’s the offer to take.

Wish him well though 
    Nice part of the country tbf.
  • good luck to him. was a tryer at the very least and whats not to like about living in the Lake disrtict area?
  • Good luck to him. Just wasn’t good enough for us though. We needed better. 
  • Probably about his level. Good luck to him.
  • A decent, honest professional, always tried, never hid.......... a good signing for Carlisle...... thanks and good luck Terell.