Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deli Ali

It is a shame what has happened to him and his career. 

It's a waste of talent and also its now unfortunate for the England squad. I can't see him returning to it at any point. 

I am of the personal belief that he is a depressed individual. 

I don't think his fame helps the situation that he's in.

That's why I think the move to Turkey isn't as bad as it sounds. He needs to get out the UK for some time.

Might be wrong, but I think he is unwell. A particular  problem that can happen to anyone and at any time. 

Comments

• Options
    Maybe.

I think like David Bentley before him he has quite possibly made so much money from the game he has lost his desire.  

If you are young, made for life and not that bothered by football it would be quite difficult to keep up the level of intensity and motivation to keep you at the top... Then when you start to slide it is difficult to regain and get back 
  • Options
    Maybe.

I think like David Bentley before him he has quite possibly made so much money from the game he has lost his desire.  

If you are young, made for life and not that bothered by football it would be quite difficult to keep up the level of intensity and motivation to keep you at the top... Then when you start to slide it is difficult to regain and get back 
    I don't know but was wondering if that might be the case. I would imagine there are a lot of sacrifices required to stay at the top for some players and with some, you can have so much money that you want to enjoy it.
  • Options
    As crazy as it might sound to us - it’s very difficult to keep your desire and hunger when you’re already a millionaire many times over. 

There’s that clip that resonated with me from the Amazon series - where Jose tells dele that today he’s in his 50’s but literally yesterday he was 20 and time flies. 
  • Options
    There's a lot of criticism of Alli's mindset but maybe he just doesn't fancy the sacrifices you have to make to be top level and he's quite happy living in a nice foreign country for a year, not putting himself through too much physically and picking up a massive salary while he's still only 26. Good for him, I quite like seeing someone take advantage of their employer and phone it in
  • Options

There's a lot of criticism of Alli's mindset but maybe he just doesn't fancy the sacrifices you have to make to be top level and he's quite happy living in a nice foreign country for a year, not putting himself through too much physically and picking up a massive salary while he's still only 26. Good for him, I quite like seeing someone take advantage of their employer and phone it in
    Just ask Rob Elliott!
  • Options
    I'm not sure Turkey is a place I'd go for an easy year...
  • Options
    I like most people but deli Ali has one of those faces, I took an instant dislike to him.  His mate releasing the sex tape of him, when he knew the camera was on him when the girl didn't know, probably adds to my dislike of him
  • Options
    As crazy as it might sound to us - it’s very difficult to keep your desire and hunger when you’re already a millionaire many times over. 

There’s that clip that resonated with me from the Amazon series - where Jose tells dele that today he’s in his 50’s but literally yesterday he was 20 and time flies. 

He reached the champions league final. 

When he returned to Tottenham training ground a few months later, he possibly just thought "meh".

Might have believed he's already reached a peaking point, and its now all down hill. His hunger worked in a specific kind of way. 

Harry rednapp admitted he told his nephew to sign Deli Ali. He believes he could have got him playing again.

He's also now admitted that this suggestion to lampard was a complete mistake. 

Deli Ali's emotional mindset has simply stopped caring. 

It is something sports psychologist should identify and analyse, if they haven't already. 
  • Options
    To be fair to Redknapp Alli had one very good game for Everton. It was the match against Palace where they were 2-0 down, won 3-2 and secured their status in the Premier League. It's not enough, but if you're only going to have one match where you completely run the game that's the one to do it in. In terms of keeping them up his signing was probably worth it on that basis alone
  • Options
    Spurs mates of mine said he noticably changed as a player as soon as he signed his mega money, set for life contract. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spurs mates of mine said he noticably changed as a player as soon as he signed his mega money, set for life contract. 

Makes sense.

Work and achievement usually equals reward.

He was rewarded before actually winning anything or getting a big transfer. 

This minimised his further motivation