Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

National Anthem at The Valley

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Stupid question but are we supposed to sing King or Queen tomorrow?
    I think deep down you know the answer to this.
    Seems im not the only one who was unsure. Didn't know if it was being sung as a tribute to the late Queen or a welcome to Charles 
    Is he gonna be there? Didn’t know he was a Forest Green fan.
    His home, Highgrove, is in Gloucestershire  not too far from Nailsworth where Forest Green are based so he could be possibly  ;)
  • Options
    The Rangers effort was better last night (the “no surrender” bit is stupid though).

https://twitter.com/bg__85/status/1570128572433440771?s=46&t=td5u-WjSfGe4jWNPCdGaMw
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I remember an England U21 game in the mid 90s where Lee Bowyer and Richard Rufus were in the side. 

Think we drew 0-0 with Georgia.
    Remember that game.  Took a rather excitable Canadian nephew of my wifes with me for a taster of the English game.   Instantly forgettable night for the poor lad, who returned home no doubt, bemused and wondering what all the fuss was about.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The Rangers effort was better last night (the “no surrender” bit is stupid though).

https://twitter.com/bg__85/status/1570128572433440771?s=46&t=td5u-WjSfGe4jWNPCdGaMw
    not a bad effort i guess but no where near our standards. (Tits, fanny and Charlton)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    se9addick said:

Will they get fined for having played it? Didn’t UEFA say that it was allowed?
  • Options
    Anthem was heartfelt and proudly sung. Then many fans, at least at the CE, booed our players when they took the knee (assuming they weren't booing FGR for NOT taking it).
    Is that the type of club we are, where the hardcore fans who turn up on a wet Tuesday evening, are actually not that bothered about eliminating racism?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Anthem was heartfelt and proudly sung. Then many fans, at least at the CE, booed our players when they took the knee (assuming they weren't booing FGR for NOT taking it).
    Is that the type of club we are, where the hardcore fans who turn up on a wet Tuesday evening, are actually not that bothered about eliminating racism?
    I think you have got this completely wrong. I was in the covered end and have never heard booing of the taking of the knee, since the first couple of weeks it was done. They were booing FGR for not taking the knee.
  • Options
    I think you have got this completely wrong. I was in the covered end and have never heard booing of the taking of the knee, since the first couple of weeks it was done. They were booing FGR for not taking the knee.
    Very glad to hear it 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's always booed by some of the "singers" at the back, probably about 50 by the sound of it.