Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Would anyone like me to play some guitar for half time entertainment?
    Great idea mate.  Can I request the Sabre Dance?
  • Options
    That Egbo shot was probably the worst of the lot, as it was set up perfectly for him
  • Options
    Has Eddie Jones been coaching the players this week? 
  • Options
    I think we've played well. We also can't shoot for shit. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Now we have to respond with an equally good strike.
    I'd be happy with a shit one off someones butt
    Initially I didn't see the word "one" in that comment, and was both confused and somewhat disgusted.
  • Options
    I’m confident we will win this - nothing about Barnsley worries me - get Leaburn on
  • Options
    5 shots in their box, 0 on target. Put 5 of us on here on those positions we'd probably manage one on target ffs
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Crazy 1st half but as we all know goals win games and we don't have the fire power.

Some great diagonal balls from Charlton but if we lose the usual suspects will say we played shit. Performance was fine 1st half But embarrassing attempts at goal by Cafc.

Rak Sakyi is a talented young player but don't expect him to score too many.

Morgan, Egbu, Clare and CBT all hit the chubby Barnsley fan in Row Z.

🤦🏻‍♂️This is doing my nut in.

• Options
    That Egbo shot was probably the worst of the lot, as it was set up perfectly for him
    To be fair he’s a right back. Morgan needs to be much more composed in that position. Get the shot on target or lay it off, Fraser was running to his left wanting the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    A week of shooting practice. Just basic shooting on target and keeping the ball down.
    Seeing as the game is about scoring goals then I would have thought shooting on target would be the main prequisite to being a footballer, especially one that plays further upfield. 

You wouldn't be a cricketer & not being able to catch. All cricketer drop catches but at the moment of this team were playing cricket that would be 7 dropped catches. 

So unprofessional. 
  • Options
    Yes, but you have to make sure you have enough scorers rather than missers. A lot of us are into our second season saying this. In fact we say it so much it pisses people off! But it is the problem and Morgan should not be starting. CBT lacks composure and JRS seems to be copying him rather the other way round. We are actually playing ok other than the most obvious problem.
  • Options
    Turning point of the season coming up as we rattle in four goals.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    To be fair he’s a right back. Morgan needs to be much more composed in that position. Get the shot on target or lay it off, Fraser was running to his left wanting the ball.
    Morgan's was a harder chance as the ball rebounded back to him quickly.

Egbo had the ball laid back to him perfectly by JRS. And he's a modern day attacking full back, so will expect to get goals
  • Options
    Second half underway.
  • Options
    Barnsley hoof it forwards, and it looks like another long throw from them.
  • Options
    Barnsley fans call for a handball, we scramble clear, the ball's sent in again, but Clare heads clear.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Kicking towards the travelling Addicks second half, get back level and I could see us winning this...hopefully Ben has told them all about the ball in the net stuff.. B)
  • Options
    Brainless Blackett-Taylor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kicking towards the travelling Addicks second half, get back level and I could see us winning this...hopefully Ben has told them all about the ball in the net stuff.. B)
    I have this mental picture of Ben drawing a goal on a blackboard and a ball and explaining what needs to happen.
  • Options
    Just imagine if we'd signed a striker without bananas for feet...I'm not sure how much more I can take of watching Charlton RFC
  • Options
    Nice bit of battling from Dobbo on the centre circle, but CBT loses possession, Barnsley comes forward and Lavelle heads clear.
  • Options
    We look like we have a break on but CBT is miles offside so they have a free kick, and as they come forward O'Connell has to clear and concede a throw.
  • Options
    Another long throw into our box, but the ref sees something and we have a free kick.
  • Options
    Do they practice shooting in training?
    Yeah, Skeet and FITASC
  • Options
    O'Connell sends Fraser forward, a nice bit of interplay with CBT who gets into the box, and wins us a corner.
  • Options
    Started this half well. But just has the feeling that we won’t score. 
  • Options
    Ooh! Corner sent back to Morgan, his cross into the box causes all sorts of confusion between the goalie and the defence, but we're offside.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Unlucky stockley, got a nice little touch on a cross but flicks up on the keeper then the bar (I think), offside given though. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!