Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SHREWSBURY AWAY TICKETS NOW ON SALE

Tickets for Charlton's Sky Bet League One clash at Shrewsbury Town are now on general sale.

The club have received an allocation of 972 for the trip to Montgomery Waters Meadow on Saturday, October 22nd (3pm).

Click here to purchase your tickets for Shrewsbury v Charlton.

PRICES

Adult: £22

Over 65/U23/Student: £16

U18: £9

U12: Free

Ambulant Disabled: Available for £16 and the helper goes free.

Wheelchair Bays: Four bays are available at £16 and the helper goes free.

VALLEY AWAY

Away coach travel will be available for the trip to Shrewsbury via the club's Valley Away service, priced at £24 with the following pick-up points and times: 

COACH ONE

Bromley: 8.25am

Eltham: 8.45am

Charlton: 9am

COACH TWO

Larkfield: 7.50am

Gravesend: 8.15am

Dartford: 8.30am

Bexleyheath: 8.45am

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/shrewsbury-away-tickets-now-sale

Train information

Any train strikes on this day will have to be announced on or before Friday 7th October.

Comments

• Options

Allocation: 972 | Sold: 72

• Options
    this would usually be an enjoyable (win lose or draw) long weekend away for me in a part of the country I like ..
    BUT (as ever) the ridiculous price asked for a formerly 'cheap hotel' stay and the cost of petrol means it's too costly to justify the outlay .. so instead I'll spend the dough on a bit of domestic heating and a hot water bottle 
  • Options
    Have seen trains via BNS at £25 return with railcard. Do we know if there are any planned strikes that weekend?
  • Options
    Have seen trains via BNS at £25 return with railcard. Do we know if there are any planned strikes that weekend?

Any train strikes on this day will have to be announced on or before Friday 7th October.

• Options
    Thanks mate
  • Options

Allocation: 972 | Sold: 117

• Options

Allocation: 972 | Sold: 149

• Options
    Latest train information

Unless a national ASLEF/RMT strike is announced in the next 6 hours, it may be possible to do this trip by train,
    but a RMT strike has been announced on Avanti services by train managers [guards] .Also Avanti have not released timetables & tickets are not yet on sale.
    https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/avanti-workers-to-take-two-days-strike-action/

Alternative routes are available.
     Between Euston/ Birmingham New St change for trains to Shrewsbury.
    This means travelling on West Midlands trains which take about 2 hours 15/30 minutes between Euston/Birmingham , departure times 49 minutes past the hour.
    Day return £33.00 [£21.75]
    Birmingham New St / Shrewsbury  departure times 00/25 minutes past the hour journey time about 1 hour.
    Day Return £14.50/£17.00 [£9.55/£11.20] depending on time of train.

Return journey
    Dep Shrewsbury 32/41 minutes past the hour
    Dep Birmingham New St 14/53 minutes past the hour
    Railcard fares in brackets
    Allow about an hour for travel between station & stadium.

• Options
    That RMT action settles it, I will drive up for this game...

I guess Chiltern to Birmingham Moor St would be another option, it's only a short walk from New Street
  • Options

I guess Chiltern to Birmingham Moor St would be another option, it's only a short walk from New Street
    Is there a strike then ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chiltern are another option, trains leave on the hour from Marylebone taking 2 hours 12 minutes to Birmingham Moor St & then a short walk to New St, return journey dep Moor St 20.15 arr Marylebone 22.13.
     Day Return £34.40 [£22.70].
    Railcard fare in brackets.

Is there a strike then ? 
    There is a strike by  Avanti RMT train managers [guards] that may affect services between Euston/Birmingham that weekend.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    4 of us going by car, first away match since Wycombe. Hard to know whether to be annoyed at the trains or happy that they're keeping most of my Saturdays free 😂
  • Options
    I'm having a weekend in Shrewsbury. An advantage of driving, is that it's easier to visit some of the sights in the area like Ironbridge and the RAF Cosford museum.
  • Options
    I'm having a weekend in Shrewsbury. An advantage of driving, is that it's easier to visit some of the sights in the area like Ironbridge and the RAF Cosford museum.
    Lovely place to visit.
  • Options
    Lovely place to visit.
    Indeed it is, spent a weekend when we had the playoff game. A bit of a regret that I never went to Gay Meadow though.
  • Options
    The league season is over. When are the Stevenage tickets on sale? 

Cup run this year. Promotion next year.
  • Options
    The league season is over. When are the Stevenage tickets on sale? 

Cup run this year. Promotion next year.
    From L2?
  • Options
    Latest rail information

The RMT union has announced strike action on Avanti West Coast on 22 October and 6 November.

Customers should expect our timetable and operating hours to be reduced significantly, and note that services that do run are expected to be busy. We strongly advise you to check your entire journey before you travel, both once the strike timetable is confirmed and on the day itself.

To minimise the number of people disrupted while our revised timetables are finalised, we suspend sales of tickets for strike dates. Once each day's timetable is confirmed and we know which trains are running, our range of Advance and flexible fares will be back on sale.

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/

• Options
    Oh good... 
  • Options

Allocation: 972 | Sold: 309

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strikes shouldn't be a problem for this one. Just use West Midlands Trains to get to Birmingham from London instead of Avanti
  • Options
    Can’t make it, but I hope we take a few after the last two performances.
  • Options

Allocation: 972 | Sold: 393

• Options
    Looking forward to this game, couple of wins help but it's a new ground for me and my health has been poor, so a good day out and hopefully an away win.
    Hope they put in a performance for you mate. Enjoy the day…
  • Options
     Latest Train information
    Avanti have released timetable for Saturday, The last train to Euston departs Birmingham at 17.30.
    https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/timetables
    Tickets for travel on Avanti trains are not yet on sale.
  • Options

Allocation: 972 | Sold: 465

• Options
    clive said:
     Latest Train information
    Avanti have released timetable for Saturday, The last train to Euston departs Birmingham at 17.30.
    https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/timetables
    does that not mean its impossible for people to watch the match and get back to London? 

• Options
    clive said:
     Latest Train information
    does that not mean its impossible for people to watch the match and get back to London? 

No, people will have to travel on West Midlands/Chiltern Railways services from Birmingham back to London.