Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coolio RIP

He’s walked through the valley of the shadow of death. 

Blimey, only 59. So many names from the 90s seem to  be leaving us :-( 

Comments

• Options
    Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    This is really weird, I walked downstairs this morning singing Gamgsters Paradise, not a clue why mind you, turned on the TV at the same time as they were announcing he had died!!
    For an old person like me I actually enjoyed most of his songs, especially the one mentioned above.
    Sad that he has gone, only 59, RIP Coolio and thanks for the tunes.
  • Options
    RIP Coolio. 

I have a bizarre "relationship" with Gangsta's Paradise. This isn't my style of music and I'd never buy or actively listen to it, but whenever I run (a few marathons and all associated training) that song goes around in a loop in my head. I sing certain sections over and over even though I don't know all of the lyrics. I'm sure a psychologist could explain why my mind connects this song with fatigue... 

So, RIP Coolio, you have been a companion over many years, and no doubt I'll still be singing your song for many years to come.
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    RIP Coolio, thanks for supplying the music to Weird Al Yankovic's Amesh Paradise. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Coolio. 

I have a bizarre "relationship" with Gangsta's Paradise. This isn't my style of music and I'd never buy or actively listen to it, but whenever I run (a few marathons and all associated training) that song goes around in a loop in my head. I sing certain sections over and over even though I don't know all of the lyrics. I'm sure a psychologist could explain why my mind connects this song with fatigue... 

So, RIP Coolio, you have been a companion over many years, and no doubt I'll still be singing your song for many years to come.
    Completely get that. Definitely one of those songs that pops into my head a lot more than others for sure.
  • Options
    RIP absolutely love that song … and did a lot of other good stuff too
  • Options
    RIP, was listening to some 90s music just the other day and Gangsters Paradise was one of them. What a number. 
  • Options
    Legend in Celebrity big brother 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad news. RIP. 
  • Options
    C U when you get there. 
  • Options
    Love the collaboration with Stevie on this one

https://youtu.be/A4vaEiIbHjo
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited September 2022
    RIP, love ‘Fantastic Voyage’
  • Options
    Gangsters paradise, what a tune!  RIP.

The mathematician in me spotted a discrepancy in the lyrics though.  “I'm 23 now, but will I live to see 24?” At the time of release he was actually 32!
  • Options

The mathematician in me spotted a discrepancy in the lyrics though.  “I'm 23 now, but will I live to see 24?” At the time of release he was actually 32!
    Guess the line was about the characters in the film Dangerous Minds rather than himself. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Gangsters paradise, what a tune!  RIP.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love this....rocking up at a student house after a gig and then singing with them... RIP

• Options
    RAP is one music genre I can't really get into but having said that I love Gangsta's Paradise.

RIP Coolio
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    RAP is one music genre I can't really get into but having said that I love Gangsta's Paradise.

RIP Coolio
    SINGING is a genre of music I can’t get into either.

RIP coolio, c u when u get there is a banger too.

awwwwwwwww here it goes…