Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wood Burners

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    We had one fitted last year just a 3 klw with a small thermo fan on top to the side of the flue pipe and it is plenty warm enough for our 12 x 14ft draughty front room, just looking at it when its burning away makes you feel warmer.
     I get a lot of the fuel for it at the diy stores now Wickes B & Q, just pick it up when needed They do  bagged briquettes one which you just light the corner of the bag it last's for ages  might cost a bit more but much easier. When the tree whe had felld earlier is seasoned enough we can use some of that.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    rina said:
    Just out of interest, how long dio people leave putting the last log of the night on, before they go to bed?
    I’m a bit of a night owl & himself tends to put the last one on about 10pm.
    Its usually out by the time I’m going up about midnight 1ish.

And get a fan to put on top.
    Brilliant wee things, chucks the heat further out into the room so you don’t have to sit on top of the fire.
    I had no idea these fans were a thing until I read your post. going to look to get one now
    I believe tradition states it is a Palace fan that goes on the top. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    I have about an acre of woodland, mainly birch which I leave to season for a couple of years ..I took down a massive pear tree a couple of years ago so looking forward to using some of that this year ..if you can get get hold of it ,fruit wood burns beautifully. 
    I'm coppicing a stand of 15 year old birches this winter. Call me a nerd but a while ago I came across and bought a book called "Norwegian Wood Chopping, Stacking and Drying Wood the Scandinavian Way" by Lars Mytting.  You won't lie able to keep your hands off your chopper once you've read this.
  • Options
    rina said:
    Just out of interest, how long dio people leave putting the last log of the night on, before they go to bed?

Brilliant wee things, chucks the heat further out into the room so you don’t have to sit on top of the fire.
    I had no idea these fans were a thing until I read your post. going to look to get one now
    Do let me know what you think ♥️
    we got hold of a fan and tried it out a couple of nights ago. Just a single log as it wasn't really cold but very impressed, could feel the heat circulating around the room much more than before
  • Options

Delivery yesterday should see us through the winter. My local Woodyard tell me that they are struggling to keep up with demand. 
  • Options
    rina said:
    rina said:

Do let me know what you think ♥️
    we got hold of a fan and tried it out a couple of nights ago. Just a single log as it wasn't really cold but very impressed, could feel the heat circulating around the room much more than before
    Brilliant.
    ♥️