Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 1st October 2022 - 3pm KO

edited October 2022 in General Charlton

Charlton: Wollacott; Lavelle, Inniss, O’Connell; Egbo, Dobson, Fraser, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c), Payne

Substitutes: MacGillivray, Thomas, Chin, McGrandles, Jaiyesimi, Kirk, Leaburn

Comments

• Options
    Nobody signed Brannagan over the summer? For fuck's sake 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Laura?
  • Options
    No Morgan, Clare or CBT?  Guess at least one will be an injury.  Surprised they are all out of the squad completely.  Looking forward to updates from the ground on the assumption that there is actually anyone there.
  • Options
    Are the doors open yet!
  • Options
    Billy Ocean back in the studio 
  • Options
    Hope we're not chasing late on because our bench is pish
  • Options
    Maybe because the going is starting to get tough…
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Stuck on a Valley Express (not) coach in the middle of Kent likely to arrive about 3:30!! M2 closed and accident on M20…
  • Options
    Horrible seeing the ground so empty. I know it’s still early, but I think there’s only about 100 -150 in here with 40 minutes to go. The good news, we are now showing tv style adverts on the big screen. That’s entertainment!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Charlton: Wollacott; Lavelle, Inniss, O’Connell; Egbo, Dobson, Fraser, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c), Payne

343?  

Brave, bench looks a bit weak 😳 
  • Options
    "if I'm given the time and opportunity to do that..." sounds a bit ominous from Garner.
  • Options
    Train strike and Kent road closures  galore. Be lucky to get 5k
  • Options
    No queuing for beers, just walk right up.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    aliwibble said:

343?  

Brave, bench looks a bit weak 😳 
    Team looks a bit weak.  We haven’t seen 352 with 3 orthodox centre halves for a long time.  Rufus, Tiler, Youds springs to mind - I’m sure there have been some since .  Not much finesse  
  • Options
    ''Billy Ocean back in the studio''

Red light spells danger!
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Horrible seeing the ground so empty. I know it’s still early, but I think there’s only about 100 -150 in here with 40 minutes to go. The good news, we are now showing tv style adverts on the big screen. That’s entertainment!
    Yes.....The AC Stand concourse is a lot less busy. Used to have to fight your way through the queues to get to where you were going. About 50% down I'd say. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    The chopping and changing suggests a general cluelessness overall.  

He has to try and change it, but dropping Clare, Morgan and CBT completely pretty much says, I don’t know what I’m doing.  We saw this with Adkins last season toward the end.  Not suggesting BG is about to get the boot, just highlighting wholesale changes usually mean no idea 
    Or it says, Clare injured, Morgan on the naughty step and CBT rotated out due to loss of form. Garner isn't clueless but he is frustrated, rightly, with a lot of his players 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    about time .. nice to see either a 3 4 3 or (less likely) 3 5 2 and Payne starting  .. the BBC website has Inniss playing on the right of midfield .. err, I think not .. come on youse Addickssssaaaaa 
  • Options
    And Golfie Jnr on the decks. So you know who to blame for the music this afternoon. 
  • Options
    I love listening to Morts. Top bloke 
  • Options
    Going against the general sentiment I really like this starting lineup! It will get people in the box with Sess and Egbo bombing on. This has the makings of a decent game I think 3-1 or 3-2
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    The chopping and changing suggests a general cluelessness overall.  

He has to try and change it, but dropping Clare, Morgan and CBT completely pretty much says, I don’t know what I’m doing.  We saw this with Adkins last season toward the end.  Not suggesting BG is about to get the boot,  just highlighting wholesale changes usually mean no idea 
    Damned if he does, damned if he does not - unless either work. If you are in a bad run of form fans will complain if you don’t change anything and stick with the same players (Jackson), and fans will complain if you constantly change things (Adkins).
  • Options
    Surprised Lewis Bate has dropped down to League 1, having been part of Leeds' first team squad last season. He was in the same school midfield as Richard Chin and Euan Williams. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Laura?
    Gloria
  • Options
    Surprised Lewis Bate has dropped down to League 1, having been part of Leeds' first team squad last season. He was in the same school midfield as Richard Chin and Euan Williams. 
    How can fucking Oxford have a midfield with him and Brannagan in it. This is League One for fuck's sake
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!