Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham - December 3rd

edited October 2022 in General Charlton
Couldn't find it but if there is already a thread on this can somebody point it out please. 

Scheduled for December 3rd at 3pm. Designated as Back to the Valley celebration. Extra free tickets for season ticket holders and price of £19.92 for others. 

However this could clash with last 16 match for England (or Wales) in World Cup if England finish runner up in the group. Is there a contingency to change day or kick off time should that occur. I'm sure it would seriously affect the gate. Problem is nobody will know until Tuesday evening - is that too late to change? 

Obviously a problem that affects all clubs from league 1 down. Can't change whole programme in advance to the Sunday as in the event we win the Group, then England play on the Sunday. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/join-anniversary-celebrations-our-back-valley-fixture

Comments

• Options
    We might know sooner of we lose our first 2 opening matches & are on the plane home. 

I haven't got a WC wall chart yet so no idea of the times. What time are the last 16 matches due to be played over that weekend ?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    We might know sooner of we lose our first 2 opening matches & are on the plane home. 

I haven't got a WC wall chart yet so no idea of the times. What time are the last 16 matches due to be played over that weekend ?
    If we win Group B, we'll be playing on the 4th
    If we come second in Group B, KO will be 3pm on the 3rd
  • Options
    And now keep these prices for the rest of the season. See if we can get some bums on seats and not lose a generation of support,which is the way we are heading now.
  • Options
    I’ll be gutted if they move it to a completely different weekend.
    Booked my flights.
    At least the Women are playing on the Sunday 🙏🏻
  • Options
    Booked my flights.
    They’d just move the KO, IMO. Be utterly mad to go up against an England WC knockout game.
  • Options
    Hasn't the brains trust at EFL already said it's not expecting to authorise league fixture reorganisations for WC matches?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Hasn't the brains trust at EFL already said it's not expecting to authorise league fixture reorganisations for WC matches?
    The Wycombe v Portsmouth game has already been moved to Friday night, just in case. 
  • Options
    Booked my flights.
    They’d just move the KO, IMO. Be utterly mad to go up against an England WC knockout game.
    Can they do this with notice as short as Tuesday evening?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Believe clubs can move kick-offs by mutual agreement anyway. Can’t see the police having much interest in this Charlton fixture but they will be alert to the England game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Move the game to 12:30pm would surely be sensible for a lot of clubs?

Get revenue for the game, and then can tempt both home / away fans to hang back and watch England in Bartrams etc.
  • Options
    Booked my flights.
    personally I think it would be mad to go up against any WC knockout game - England or not
  • Options
    Booked my flights.
    personally I think it would be mad to go up against any WC knockout game - England or not
    For me, if it was a choice between Charlton or England, it would be Charlton every time - even the way we are playing this season. Totally agree that most floating supporters would probably think otherwise though.
  • Options
    I was hoping this was gonna be an insider tip for a horse.
  • Options

Get revenue for the game, and then can tempt both home / away fans to hang back and watch England in Bartrams etc.
    I hate 12:30pm kick-offs - I have to leave early enough for a normal ko on a Saturday but bringing it forward by 2½ hours means I'd be setting off by 7:30am.

I'm sure there are plenty of Charlton fans who have to travel further than I do for whom an even earlier start will be a ball-ache and Cheltenham fans wouldn't be too excited either at the prospect of a lunchtime kick-off!
  • Options
    edited October 2022

I hate 12:30pm kick-offs - I have to leave early enough for a normal ko on a Saturday but bringing it forward by 2½ hours means I'd be setting off by 7:30am.

I'm sure there are plenty of Charlton fans who have to travel further than I do for whom an even earlier start will be a ball-ache and Cheltenham fans wouldn't be too excited either at the prospect of a lunchtime kick-off!
    Easiest thing is if England dont fuck up and win the Group.

Is a 12:30pm KO easier for fans than a 5:30pm or 7:45pm KO, as those will be the alternative really

Its rare after all for a game to be moved to 3pm on a Sunday - Its also worth pointing out that Charlton / England will also clash if lose the World Cup Semi-Final, as the third place Play-Off will clash with Charlton vs Bristol Rovers.

Can suddenly see everyone losing interest in England again if that happens so wont be a problem ;)