Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Jay turns 18

Good evening everyone,
It has been a while since i have posted on here, but i have been keeping up to date on most chats on here.
This week just passed our beautiful son BEN JAY should  have turned 18 (but will forever be 17). We released loads of balloons for him to read all of the messages up there.
 We are lucky enough to have places to go to lay flowers in memory of him. We have the memorial garden at the Valley, a plaque  in the peace garden at Charlton  house  (where Sharon works) & the goalkeeping sign at Long Lane fc where Ben did most of his goalkeepers  training.
Jean Huelin kindly organised some butterfly larvae  so that we could watch them grow into beautiful peacock butterflies  & released them in our own peace garden on his birthday. 
We are always eternally grateful for the memories you helped us create for him up until the end & in his place i have been attending as many games as i can, only missing Cambridge at home & Sheff Weds & Fleetwood away. It has not been pretty lol but will still keep  going in his honour. 

Thank you all again,
Much love
Garry & Sharon

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Always remember the good times.
    So sad Ben was taken so young.
    Take care.
  • Options
    God love him. x
  • Options
    Thank you for posting Garry.
    What a lovely way to remember/celebrate.
  • Options
    Thank you Jean for explaining about the butterflies. XX
  • Options
    Ben will be forever in our hearts. Beautiful story about the butterflies, Jean, thank you. Much love and huge hugs to Garry and Sharon xx
  • Options
    Glad that his memory is kept alive in such a beautiful way.x
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Hi mate its Chris here (Anthony Mathews Brother in law). Charlton family always with you mate.  
  • Options
    Happy birthday Ben. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beautiful tributes. Happy birthday Ben!
  • Options
    Happy birthday Ben 
  • Options
    Bless him. Happy Birthday Ben.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Ben, much love to you and your family @Garry_Jay1964
  • Options
    Rod was so proud.
  • Options
    Brought a lump to my throat. Happy birthday mate and love to your parents. Such gracious people.