Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ademola Lookman

2»

Comments

• Options
    Looks like a brilliant trip 
  • Options
    Just Kicking off now for Nigeria v South Africa on BBC2
  • Options
    He has been Nigeria's best player at the tournament.
    Whenever I see him playing for Nigeria or Atalanta (and other clubs before) he has always looked like a class player.
    I'll be amazed if a big club doesn't try to pick him up in the summer.
  • Options

Quite interesting ...

No Team From the 2021 Quarter-Finals is There This Time Around

The final eight teams at the 2021 tournament were Burkina Faso, Tunisia, Senegal, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Cameroon, Egypt and Morocco.

This time around, not a single one of those teams remains. The final eight in 2023 are Nigeria, Angola, DR Congo, Guinea, Mali, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde and South Africa.

• Options
    Ajayi, Lookman and Aribo all in the Nigeria squad
  • Options
    Watching Nigeria/SA atm pretty dull tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ajayi, Lookman and Aribo all in the Nigeria squad
    Nigeria have Lookman, Aribo & Ajayi. Lots of old academy talent there 

• Options
    edited February 7
    Aribo wasn't actually in the Charlton academy and came to Cafc via 3 years in the Kinetic academy, Staines and joined Charlton when just 19; Joe has only started one Game and 2 sub apps in Afcom 24.

New look Lookman has established his self in the team and I hope he scores today.

Ajayi was a good young prospect at Cafc but no surprise when he turned down a short contact when other teams were interested.

Slightly flat game so far.
  • Options
    Think it's the worst game that I've watched in the tournament so far.
  • Options
    This Osimhen may be the African footballer of the year but every Nigeria game that I've watched in this AFCON he has looked rubbish.
  • Options
    This Osimhen may be the African footballer of the year but every Nigeria game that I've watched in this AFCON he has looked rubbish.
    Nice bit of skill after a poor touch to earn Nigeria a penalty.  1-0
  • Options
    That's a VAR turnaround and a half! 
  • Options
    From 2-0 to 1-1 !
  • Options
    This is the scenario we have been waiting for since the advent of VAR. A delay and the other team go down the other end and score. 
    It was a penalty and the on field ref had a clear view yet gave nothing until after Nigeria had gone 2-0 up and then called over to check the foul in the box by Nigeria !

It has livened up since and SA have just missed a clear cut chance to be in the final.
  • Options
    edited February 7
    Thats outside the box surely? - Good refereeing
  • Options
    So it was either a free kick and a red card or a Penalty and 11 v 11.
    It was the former and Nigeria didn't score from free kick. 1-1 and this slow burner looks like penalties are on there way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible penalty shootout so far
  • Options
    Gomez v Lookman tonight. The talent we have left go...
  • Options
    Lookman didn’t play
  • Options
    Lookman won !

If Liverpool slip up in the league then Klopp's final season could become a bit of a damp squib. Out of the FA Cup, likely out of Europe, fail in the PL and they would only have a League Cup to their name. Here's hoping! 
    It might actually do them a favour though as now they can focus on the league.

If City and Arsenal both get through in the CL and play each other then that also helps Liverpool.
  • Options
    Lookman won !

If Liverpool slip up in the league then Klopp's final season could become a bit of a damp squib. Out of the FA Cup, likely out of Europe, fail in the PL and they would only have a League Cup to their name. Here's hoping! 
    It might actually do them a favour though as now they can focus on the league.

If City and Arsenal both get through in the CL and play each other then that also helps Liverpool.

The scousers have bigger fish to fry, I do not think they'll lose much sleep at getting knocked out.