Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Exeter City | Tuesday 11th October 2022 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I know it's sacrilege to say it but I do wish they didn't have Brownie on commentary  spends all his time extolling the virtues of the opposition, and likes to say a thousand words when one will do.
    Much prefer Shirtliff pm comms.
  • Options
    Massive 45 minutes ahead, if he we hold on here and go on to win, confidence will be boosted, but imagine if end up drawing or even losing from 2 up that could really ask a lot of questions
  • Options
    Half time couldn’t come soon enough there.

Not confident we will go on and win this, though also feel we can get another.

Part of me would be tempted to take Stockley off for Morgan/McGrandles and go 4-3-3 to try and take back control of the midfield. 
  • Options
    I’ve never been more certain of a 3-2 defeat. Let’s hope we can keep it tight until Chuks can come on and score 3 in 5 minutes 
  • Options
    The atmosphere is shite.
  • Options
    HT stats

Possession 51-49

Shots 8-6
    On Target 2-2
    Inside Penalty Area 4-1
    xG 0.45-0.17

Corners 2-3
    Fouls 3-4
  • Options
    Being Chucks on in the 70th minute to put the nail in their coffin.
  • Options
    They’re much much better than us. Praying we can cling on 
  • Options
    Not as bad as it could have been. Nice to get some reward for a bright opening. Lucky second after off colour Jayden missed the header. Strolling and then the errors started to creep in. They could have scored earlier but criminal that the ball was allowed to get to Stanfield. Then all the conference just drained away. Lucky to still be in front but we are. 

Need a positive start and to build on the lead. One could mean another Michele...

I hate it when the moon rises though so am not too confident.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two pony teams , should be more goals 

Exeter fans have found a personality , where did that come from 
  • Options
    Entertaining first half albeit the standard is pretty poor. Exeter finished the half the stronger team. We’re really not great. Stockley is a cart horse. Fraser is invisible. Not sure what Kirk is. Our defending is comical at times. But despite all that we’re winning so let’s travel hopefully. 
  • Options
    Hmm, my feed's just cut out. Off to reboot the router.
  • Options
    What a shite effort at the crossbar.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He got it off the ground to be fair
  • Options
    Palace coloured boots too 
  • Options
    Quite an even half really, Exeter not out of it at all.

we've looked very good going forward, but still some sloppy play and passing in there.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He got it off the ground to be fair
    There's been much much worse. Better to fly it over the bar than bounce three times before it even crosses the goal line!
  • Options
    Enjoyable first half to watch.

We maybe winning but we are being pulled apart by exeter who are playing some good football.

I hope Garner can come up with some tactical know how otherwise we are going to struggle to hang on here 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pie or Sausage Roll, anyone? Plenty available in the West Upper at half-time. No one is buying. What a waste 

• Options
    I think CBT is coming on. Not warming up on the pitch 
  • Options
    Kenny Jackett in lounge… Watford Ambassador…🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Pie or Sausage Roll, anyone? Plenty available in the West Upper at half-time. No one is buying. What a waste 

No worries. We'll just warm them up again at the next home game. Nobody will ever know.

It's not like it hasn't been done before.
  • Options
    Is rock on Thommy there tonight?
  • Options
    Free snacks for the staff after the game?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I think CBT is coming on. Not warming up on the pitch 
    And if he does, I hope he's put Saturday a long, long way behind him. 

Makes sense though. Kirk has offered....very little. And their right wing-back has had a lot of joy 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

More pies than people in the west upper! 
  • Options
    This is more like how I expected Saturday to be like, with us looking more dangerous up front, but also weak in midfield. 2 non defensive wingers is putting massive pressure on Dobbo.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!