Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Klarna and Deliveroo

Deliveroo are forming a partnership to enable people to buy take away meals, have them delivered, but spread the cost of payment.  

I think this is an interesting* idea. 

Comments

  • Options
    *terrible
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Bought a Chinese for 2 people the other week. By the time we added the mixed hors d'oeuvre for 2 and obligatory king prawn balls, it topped out at £58.

    But getting a takeaway or delivery on hp ain't a good thing imo
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    jeez really? This will just allow people who lack sense another way to rack up debt. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Zilch have been doing this for ages. 4 payments, 1 every two weeks.

    Can be used for Deliveroo, Just Eat, Uber Eats, ASDA, Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons etc
  • Options
    If anything should happen to me, go to Gort and say "Klarna and Deliveroo".
    He'll cover the bill.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    jeez really? This will just allow people who lack sense another way to rack up debt. 
    I think this is the idea.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Bought a Chinese for 2 people the other week. By the time we added the mixed hors d'oeuvre for 2 and obligatory king prawn balls, it topped out at £58.

    But getting a takeaway or delivery on hp ain't a good thing imo
    £58? I demand to know what, where and how much food you ordered.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Options
    Maybe Thomas can use Klarna to buy the ground off Roland
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Gribbo said:
    Bought a Chinese for 2 people the other week. By the time we added the mixed hors d'oeuvre for 2 and obligatory king prawn balls, it topped out at £58.

    But getting a takeaway or delivery on hp ain't a good thing imo
    £58? I demand to know what, where and how much food you ordered.
    I don't normally give in to demands tbh mate, but seeing as you didn't ask nicely -

    Set meal for 2 = £38
    King prawn balls = £7
    Mixed hors d'oeuvre for 2 = £13

    Total = £58
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Chizz said:
    Deliveroo are forming a partnership to enable people to buy take away meals, have them delivered, but spread the cost of payment.  

    I think this is an interesting* idea. 
    The big worry for me is that people who are unable to put food on the table will use this instead of cheaper options because it will meet a short term need.  Like payday loans when people are excluded through poverty from more affordable options.  We really have let the c****s take over.
  • Options
    As if people haven't already got enough on their plate.
    Facepalm Picard GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    Next a bookmaker will partner with Klarna. 
  • Options
    Klarna had to make about 1000 layoffs (I think it was 1000) over the summer.  Another tech company that just got a ridiculous amount of seed and VC funding, added headcount like no tomorrow and have probably incurred ridiculous costs in the process.  I’m not saying they’ll fold or it won’t work, more pointing out the ridiculous workforce costs these types of companies incur during growth.  Some of these fintechs will hit the wall 
  • Options
    amazing a company can get to the size where they lay off 1,000 workers and I have never heard of them in my life 
  • Sponsored links:


  • Options
    cabbles said:
    amazing a company can get to the size where they lay off 1,000 workers and I have never heard of them in my life 
    I have to try and sell to fintechs in my job.  Chinless wonders.  The sort that want to tell you how they develop themselves on LinkedIn, wim hoff breathing, Jocko Willock, self help books, they’ll tell you their ‘non-negotiables’ - that sort of bollocks.  They’re all very intelligent people that work there, and they make a lot of money, but they’re all up their own backsides and drowning in chai seed smoothies, destroying the what’s left of the identity of London and go to chilli festivals in their local areas 
    Millwall?
  • Options
    I’m assuming at Dominos prices you will soon be able to get a mortgage for one on their takeaways and pay it off over 25 years. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Deliveroo are forming a partnership to enable people to buy take away meals, have them delivered, but spread the cost of payment.  

    I think this is an interesting* idea. 
    The big worry for me is that people who are unable to put food on the table will use this instead of cheaper options because it will meet a short term need.  Like payday loans when people are excluded through poverty from more affordable options.  We really have let the c****s take over.
    Yes, very similar to payday loans.

    If you are so short of cash that you have to resort to a payday loan to get you through the month how are you going to cope the following month when, on top of your usual bills (that you couldn't afford last month) you now have £x to pay back to a Payday loan company. You're just digging yourself into deeper debt. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Next a bookmaker will partner with Klarna. 
    I wouldn’t bet on it.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out Forever!