Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T20 World Cup 2022

Comments

• Options
    Hales' form is a real concern - five single digit scores in his last eight innings

• Options
    What a hit from Livingstone!!!
  • Options
    I've seen enough. Team sorted for the first game. No more tinkering:

Buttler
    Stokes
    Malan
    Brook 
    Livingstone
    Moeen
    Curran
    Woakes
    Rashid
    Wood 
    Topley
  • Options
    Hales' form is a real concern - five single digit scores in his last eight innings

Liability in the field too.
  • Options

See the team above Canters - what do you reckon? 8 bowling options, left/right combo opening and an equal mix of them in top 8. Tell Stokes to bat as he did today because Hales is batting like someone playing for his place. 
  • Options

See the team above Canters - what do you reckon? 8 bowling options, left/right combo opening and an equal mix of them in top 8. Tell Stokes to bat as he did today because Hales is batting like someone playing for his place. 
    I like the look of it. The only risk is Stoke opening but hes done it in the IPL. Doubt they would make that change at this stage without trialling it
  • Options

I like the look of it. The only risk is Stoke opening but hes done it in the IPL. Doubt they would make that change at this stage without trialling it
    They vitually trialed it today. Stokes came in with that shocking start of 3-1 after 9 balls. Hales scored 9 runs off 13 balls, all bar one of them in the Power Play. At the same stage Hales was out for 36 off 18. If Stokes opened in a similar vein in the first match that would allow Malan to come in and play his usual game. If Hales does what he did today then we could lose the game, with Malan next in, in the Power Play.
  • Options
    Sikandar Raza such a cut above all other Associates players
  • Options
    I don't think Hales and Malan should both play.
    Having them both in the top three would be a huge mistake when we have so many in form batsman in the squad. 
    Play one of them by all means but not both.
  • Options
    do these runs/wicket count towards career averages seeing as they could use any number of the 15 man squad in the game ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    do these runs/wicket count towards career averages seeing as they could use any number of the 15 man squad in the game ?
    I don't believe that they do. 
  • Options
    Cummins has been named Australia's new ODI captain. Considering he is one of not their top bowler, he skippers the Test side and is in the T20 team, this is a remarkable recovery for a bloke who spent so long out injured (six years between Test matches). The fact is, though, that the workload will be too much and that he is expected to do a "job share", possibly with Warner, in view of the number of ODIs there will be leading up to next years World Cup. 
  • Options
    Cummins has been named Australia's new ODI captain. Considering he is one of not their top bowler, he skippers the Test side and is in the T20 team, this is a remarkable recovery for a bloke who spent so long out injured (six years between Test matches). The fact is, though, that the workload will be too much and that he is expected to do a "job share", possibly with Warner, in view of the number of ODIs there will be leading up to next years World Cup. 
    seems as though theres still quite a few dinosaurs at cricket australia that think the white ball captain is a part time role. I can't see australia doing that well in white ball cricket for a while then.
  • Options
    Top work from Sky there, missing the hat trick ball….
  • Options
    Bizarre nonsense from SL in this tournament. Even if they win this, they'll need to boost their NRR significantly or the Netherlands can still lose narrowly to them and go through I think?
  • Options
    Hasaranga absolutely crucial of course. Theekshana can catch people out too if they haven't faced many like him. UAE could get bundled out for 60 just by those two. Hoping it is a bit closer than that though...
  • Options

I think there's an argument to be made to drop him and to open with Stokes.

Stokes
    Buttler
    Malan
    Brook
    Moeen
    Livingstone 
    Curran
    Woakes
    Rashid 
    Wood 
    Topley (if fit)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Bizarre nonsense from SL in this tournament. Even if they win this, they'll need to boost their NRR significantly or the Netherlands can still lose narrowly to them and go through I think?
    Completely baffling after their really impressive showing in the Asia Cup last month too!
  • Options
    Not to mention beating Australia in an ODI series!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Buttler
    Stokes
    Malan
    Brook 
    Livingstone
    Moeen
    Curran
    Woakes
    Rashid
    Wood 
    Topley

Stokes
    Buttler
    Malan
    Brook
    Moeen
    Livingstone 
    Curran
    Woakes
    Rashid 
    Wood 
    Topley (if fit)
    Great minds or fools!!!!
  • Options

Buttler
    Stokes
    Malan
    Brook 
    Livingstone
    Moeen
    Curran
    Woakes
    Rashid
    Wood 
    Topley

Stokes
    Buttler
    Malan
    Brook
    Moeen
    Livingstone 
    Curran
    Woakes
    Rashid 
    Wood 
    Topley (if fit)
    Great minds or fools!!!!
    Stokes at 2 are you mad!? He's clearly a 1  ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Hasaranga absolutely crucial of course. Theekshana can catch people out too if they haven't faced many like him. UAE could get bundled out for 60 just by those two. Hoping it is a bit closer than that though...
    Or by the quicks!
  • Options
    Where are all those people saying buttler shouldnt open the batting now we're also saying stokes should open with him!
  • Options
    Cheeky 109-metre six from the UAE tailender there
  • Options
    Where are all those people saying buttler shouldnt open the batting now we're also saying stokes should open with him!
    In a world where Bairstow was fit and Roy was still on the form he was a couple of years ago I would still argue that Buttler being one of the best finishers in the world should play there and we should leave what is one of the best opening partnerships in the world alone.

Sadly that partnership is gone and Hales/Salt still have slight question marks over them so opening with Buttler is a no brainer - particularly with Brook and Livingstone emerging as finishers and the form of Mo.
  • Options
    Looks like Topley could be out of the World Cup. If that is the case, presumably Mills, as a travelling reserve and a like-for-like replacement will be called up.
  • Options
    Looks like Topley could be out of the World Cup. If that is the case, presumably Mills, as a travelling reserve and a like-for-like replacement will be called up.
    Absolute nightmare. As decent as Mills is Topley has been another level this year. Massive shame for him too and he deserved his redemption arc after 2016 and all his injury issues.
  • Options
    I really like Tymal , but he's another one that's either 2-25 and looks fantastic or can go around the park at 10 an over if he gets it wrong 
  • Options
    If life gives you an 11-batsman lineup, bat to 11, I guess