Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Monday 17th October 2022

edited October 2022 in General Charlton

Charlton: Wollacott; Egbo, Inniss, O’Connell, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Dobson, Fraser, Kirk; Stockley (c), Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: MacGillvray, Clare, Morgan, McGrandles, Payne, Campbell, Aneke

Comments

• Options
    Team I expected. Tough night but hope for a win. Need CBT, Kirk, JRS to perform well 
  • Options
    442 again then with either CBT or Rak Sakyi up top with Stockley
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Team I expected. Tough night but hope for a win. Need CBT, Kirk, JRS to perform well 

Be handy if the rest of 'em chip in as well eh... ;)
  • Options
    I'd play Kirk off Stockley.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see us 4-4-2 off the ball, but fluid in attack - or as fluid as can be with Stockley only ever really able to drop in deep and not pull out wide.

• Options
    Great to see Campbell back in the First Team after injury.

He looked more promising than Kanu from their appearances last season
  • Options
    nice to see Chris Powell on sky .. good line up, B-Taylor up front, could be a great chance .. though sky saying that Sakyi will be alongside Stockley
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Sky saying that it will be JRS up top with Stockers..👍
  • Options
    Two starting elevens that I predicted correctly on the trot now. 😎
  • Options
    both sides playing a 4 4 2 .. forget the pitta patta just get the ball up in the box a s a p ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Night ahead of the away end singing your support is f***ing s*** plus I suspect (once again) a box load of Pompey behind us in the East… :-(  
  • Options

15 to kick off
  • Options
    So sad to see The Valley so empty. Every stand deserted
  • Options
    Didn't realise it was a 8pm kick off 
  • Options
    Let's hope for as good a spectacle as yesterday's big game.
  • Options
    I like this fixture.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Linvoy Primus is a very good guest, very likeable
    Yeah comes across as such a nice bloke. Really enjoyed listening to him speak. 
  • Options
    Great to see Campbell back in the First Team after injury.

He looked more promising than Kanu from their appearances last season
    Or to give him his full name........Tyreece Anthony Tupac Shakur Campbell.
  • Options
    2 very different line ups from the corresponding game last season .. just shows the player turnover in contemporary football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ground is packed.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, the Covered End doesn't even look half empty on the telly.
  • Options
    Ground is packed.
    good to see
  • Options
    2 very different line ups from the corresponding game last season .. just shows the player turnover in contemporary football
    Thats the problem signing players on 2 year contracts as well as having 5 or 6 loan players in your squad. 

That's one difference this season - only 3 loans & players signing for 3 or 4 years. 
  • Options
    Ground is packed.
    good to see
    In the Away end...
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Their front 2 have 12 goals between them. I doubt our whole team (inc subs) have that amount between them. 
  • Options
    What's going on. 

Red Robin played, we've gone 44f*ckin2 and I have butterfly's in my stomach 
  • Options
    So SKY Formation has Blackett-Taylor alongside Stockley.

Hopefully playing 4-4-2 with anyone next to him, just means that Jayden isn't isolated like what we've seen when playing other formations - As 4-4-2 has helped him as much as anyone.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Linvoy Primus is a very good guest, very likeable
    Yeah comes across as such a nice bloke. Really enjoyed listening to him speak. 
    Charlton v Birmingham think 0-0 at Upton Park he was man of the match in one of his first games for Charlton also live on tv.
  • Options
    Watching the Pompey highlights on Sky, the back line will need to be on their game and try and catch both Scarlett and Bishop offside, they both love to play off the last defender, very quick
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!