Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 22nd October 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I read on the OS that Shrew bury like to sit deep & teams find it hard to break them down or get in behind them. Seeing that is our main modus operandi I cant see there being too many goals.

Coconuts.
  • Options
    Law of averages says we’ll win away 
    also one of the waffly twaddle bits from Garners time at Swindon was that he picked up more points away from home than at home 

comfortable 1-3 victory 

eieieio 
  • Options
    1-1. Another frustrating draw.
  • Options
    Got a feeling the player is CBT … 
  • Options
    Lumps on CBT first goal scorer.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A lot depends who the injured person is.

If we can keep the core 14 or 15 players fit we can be half decent.  2 or 3 injures, as we have already seen and the wheels quickly start to fall off.

This.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A lot depends who the injured person is.

If we can keep the core 14 or 15 players fit we can be half decent.  2 or 3 injures, as we have already seen and the wheels quickly start to fall off.

This.
    agreed but its also about sticking to having 2 front men, or at least never playing stockley up top on his own - just listened to the charlton live podcast which i think is always good but although they touch on it, there's lots of discussion about why the upturn in form - extension leads, work rate, settled back 4... come on - its so obvious - the change to a 2 up top has given us a threat up top now and in turn has lifted every other department of the team as well   
  • Options
    Tough game but confidence should be high after Pompey win. Three points here sets us up nicely for next week. MK Dons should be a potential 3 points and then a big one with a big crowd against Ipswich.  However this is Charlton by next Saturday it could be needing a win to stay ahead of bottom four! Come in you addicks!!!!
  • Options
    Could work, but then again it confuses the hell out of me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away form is 2nd from bottom. Need to improve that today 
  • Options
    I think the away form is slightly an outlier as we have played well away at Sheffield , Wycombe and Accrington in spells, only Barnsley and Bolton deserved to beat us , I think the confidence of scoring 7 in 2 will help but Shrewsbury are a very defensive team so won’t play to our strengths 0 -0
  • Options
    An early goal will force them to come out. 3-1 to us
  • Options
    All Garner needs to do today is show the players a map of England - Just with it upside down, proving that Shrewsbury is in fact... South of Charlton... They wont stand a chance with that master plan.

Hearing he's getting Dale Stephens to make a special teamtalk, explaining said logic.
    Tell the players that the River Severn is actually the English Channel
  • Options
    Shrewsbury is a very nice place, but I'm sure we'll still have the "Shrewsbury's a sh@thole, I wanna go home" chant.

Indeed I'm sure we'd sing it even if we were away at Monaco.
  • Options
    We will today. Fact. 
  • Options
    Gonna try the stream legit from afar today, guarantees a shite game soz
  • Options
    I hope those travelling their have missed the major rail disruption and they get back with the minimum of delay . Let's hope the team make the hassle worthwhile.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Lumps on CBT first goal scorer.
    Dont look at the team sheet mate.
  • Options
    CBT is as inconsistent as he is fragile 🙁.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton: Wollacott; Egbo, Inniss, O’Connell, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Dobson, Fraser, Campbell; Stockley (c), Kirk

Substitutes: MacGillvray, Thomas, Clare, Morgan, McGrandles, Payne, Aneke

• Options
    Massive shame CBT can't follow up his excellent performance on Monday. Campbell is the most similar replacement I guess, though a big ask. Thomas on the bench makes our bench look more balanced too.
  • Options
    Important to maintain momentum. 

1.2 Charlton. 
  • Options
    C'mon Tyreece.
  • Options
    We will today. Fact. 
    We will definitely something today. Nailed on fact.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    We will today. Fact. 
    We will definitely something today. Nailed on fact.
    Dunno, even that appears a stretch at times
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Leuth said:
    If Fraser is out, McGrandles will start imo
    I’d start Payne instead of Fraser personally. On Charlton Live Fraser talked about a cut on his ankle, but he didn’t talk about missing Shrewsbury though. 
    If it’s CBT he might start Kirk on the wing and Frazer Campbell (?) or Kanu with Stockley. Possibly. 
    Ok, so Tyreece, not Frazer (lol), but Kirk wide as per CBT?
  • Options
    Tyreece Anthony Tupac Shakur Campbell might just be the best name in football. 

1-3 Charlton - Tupac with a hatrick. 
  • Options
    Tyreece Anthony Tupac Shakur Campbell might just be the best name in football. 

1-3 Charlton - Tupac with a hatrick. 
    TATSC for short  :D
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!