Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Classic
  • Options
    Never like to see anyone injured, but a great opportunity for Maynard-Brewer

Although confused as to how the terms of a loan agreement works now - As I thought a recall could only happen during Transfer Windows, and if a player was recalled early, I presume they wouldn't be allowed to play until the next Window opens.

Unless of course its all down to the fact that the player involved, hasn't played any minutes
  • Options
    Concussion from the boot to the face in the Burton game, or something longer term?
  • Options
    ffs we really are jinxed!
    many wouldn't see this injury as much of an issue
  • Options
    Emergency keeper loan?

With the world cup there are plenty out there. De Gea? 😂
  • Options
    This is unfortunately exactly the kind of thing you (literally) cannot account for in League One. I can't imagine even the richest clubs at this level would have the budget or squad spaces to have THREE senior keepers on the vanishingly small chance that both the first two pick up fluke injuries nigh simultaneously.

Hopefully AMB is fit and ready as this is his chance to step up and show what he can do. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    thenewbie said:
    This is unfortunately exactly the kind of thing you (literally) cannot account for in League One. I can't imagine even the richest clubs at this level would have the budget or squad spaces to have THREE senior keepers on the vanishingly small chance that both the first two pick up fluke injuries nigh simultaneously.

Hopefully AMB is fit and ready as this is his chance to step up and show what he can do. 
    Goalkeepers dont take up places in the Squad Registration
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    No, we have 2 other senior goalkeepers at the club. It’s not a Lee Harmsworth scenario 
  • Options
    I suspect that we would be able to play AMB in the same way as accessing an emergency loan although it might be a better option to source a more experienced keeper on loan.

Surely Prem and Champ clubs would love one of their keepers to get game time during the World Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    No, we have 2 other senior goalkeepers at the club. It’s not a Lee Harmsworth scenario 
    I think both JoJo and Mac might subscribe to the "jinxed" theory from their POV. JoJo loses the chance of a lifetime to a freak warm-up injury, Mac then has the chance to remind people why he was so highly rated at Pompey, and this happen. Add that to to the injuries we've had this season and how they affect Garner's chances to establish a settled team (like Ipswich have), and "jinxed" isn't unreasonable.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    I think both JoJo and Mac might subscribe to the "jinxed" theory from their POV. JoJo loses the chance of a lifetime to a freak warm-up injury, Mac then has the chance to remind people why he was so highly rated at Pompey, and this happen. Add that to to the injuries we've had this season and how they affect Garner's chances to establish a settled team (like Ipswich have), and "jinxed" isn't unreasonable.
    That’s part of sport. You dust yourself down and do the best with what you have available to you. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Classic
    This with bells on! 
  • Options
    AMB to start tomorrow.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    I had a feeling at Burton on Saturday they might try and target Mac what with the late change before the game leaving us without a keeper on the bench and Mac in goal a bit rusty perhaps from lack of game time. Put it this way, it wasn't any surprise to me Mac took that knock during the game, not saying it was done purposely but I just had a feeling he'd have a target on his back that game.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Goalkeepers dont take up places in the Squad Registration
    But, hard to believe, I know, they do like to be paid.
  • Options
    If Maynard-Brewer is the number 1 tomorrow, I hope the Aussie rules the area ok.
  • Options
    from memory everyone was calling for him to be given a chance - well he's gonna get a few games now and I wouldn't mind betting he makes it difficult for him to be left out
    Let's hope so but wasn't he unimpressive on his loan deal in Scotland?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Proper Old Skool knowledge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the strengths of Nathan Harness has been his long(er) range distribution.
    If the pitch is a bit of a bog as has been reported (we wait and see) it might be that we have to play a bit of a longer game which could suit Harness.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    One of the strengths of Nathan Harness has been his long(er) range distribution.
    If the pitch is a bit of a bog as has been reported (we wait and see) it might be that we have to play a bit of a longer game which could suit Harness.
    Harness will not be playing 
  • Options
    from memory everyone was calling for him to be given a chance - well he's gonna get a few games now and I wouldn't mind betting he makes it difficult for him to be left out
    Man of the match v Rangers in a game I watched on TV
  • Options
    My recollection is quite the opposite - he was highly rated (until he got injured) I believe.