Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sick pay advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    TeslaGirl said:
    That's sad - I've found then extremely helpful on a number of occaisions.  OP could try them, anyway?

It's a no lose situation to contact them but I think it really depends on how lucky or not you are with the advisor who deals with it. I have dealt with some who have a very good knowledge of employment law, and others who are very weak.
  • Options
    What utter bastards! I'd get signed off again by the doc for the duration due to stress.
  • Options
    That sounds good, although being a cynical bastard, my first port of call tomorrow would be to doublecheck the Sickness Absence Policy to determine exactly what "appropriate sickness reporting procedure" and "the limits of Company Sick Pay" actually are.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    That sounds good, although being a cynical bastard, my first port of call tomorrow would be to doublecheck the Sickness Absence Policy to determine exactly what "appropriate sickness reporting procedure" and "the limits of Company Sick Pay" actually are.
    I am the same as you so I done this and checked with a senior member of staff who been there a while and have a good relationship with.
    they pay in full for up to 4 weeks sick a year. 
    :)
  • Options
    Nice one @FULLERpromise and great advice everyone 
  • Options
    Its always worth remembering things like this when you are doing unpaid overtime making money for someone else. Always look after yourself first 
  • Options
    I actually learn so much from this site from threads like this haha. Glad you got sorted FP and they are having to cough up, even if it is only due to their 'good will'...