Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why are we playing Friday?

edited November 2022 in General Charlton
I'm sure it must have been discussed before but i must have missed it. I know there is a back to the valley thing but thats Thursday isn't it and 5th Dec is Monday so what is the Friday match all about? It's a right pain in the arse tbh  

Comments

• Options
    Moved from the Saturday to avoid a clash with the local vets football and the possibility of England playing their last 16 match at 3pm 
  • Options
    Ben Garner has matinee tickets
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Moved from the Saturday to avoid a clash with the local vets football and the possibility of England playing their last 16 match at 3pm 
    Local vets football?
  • Options
    Who are we playing?
  • Options
    Who are we playing?
    Cheltenham
  • Options
    early call had to be made I guess as there's still a possibility that England could play at 3pm Saturday
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    I'm sure it must have been discussed before but i must have missed it. I know there is a back to the valley thing but thats Thursday isn't it and 5th Dec is Monday so what is the Friday match all about? It's a right pain in the arse tbh  
    There is a potential England round of 16 game kicking off at 3pm that afternoon (if we finish 2nd in the group).

Most games were moved well ahead of time to Friday evening / Sunday midday to avoid a possible clash with that game. Waiting to see where England finished in the group doesn't give anyone enough notice to sort out travel etc.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    There is a potential England round of 16 game kicking off at 3pm that afternoon (if we finish 2nd in the group).

Most games were moved well ahead of time to Friday evening / Sunday midday to avoid a possible clash with that game. Waiting to see where England finished in the group doesn't give anyone enough notice to sort out travel etc.
    6 L1 and 3 L2 games moved to Friday
    4 L1 and 4 L2 games moved to Saturday lunchtime
    1 L1 game moved to Sunday lunchtime by Sky

Interestingly 1 L1 game (Accrington vs Oxford) and 5 L2 games have stuck with the Saturday 3pm time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Local vets football?
    Local vets football 
  • Options
    What will we do if some animals are sick?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    What will we do if some animals are sick?
    S’ok.
     I’m coming over for it 😁
  • Options
    Me too. Last minute trip to sort a bit of business. Arrive Friday lunchtime - €40 return for me and the missus, it'll cost us more for the one way cab to Gatwick at silly-o-clock on Tuesday...   
  • Options
    Obvious I suppose - still a pain in the arse