Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    Henry might have priced himself out for someone who will be available for a maximum of 7 CC matches. Walker hinted recently the difficulty of getting overseas players that fit the programme. 

I've mentioned on the Club Cricket thread that the Aussie (NSW and Sydney Sixers), Mickey Edwards, a 6' 6'' quick who was the top wicket taker in the Kent League last season and who holds a British passport, has signed for Yorkshire on an 18 month contract. He played for Kent 2s last season. 

• Options
    Disappointing. Interesting that he will play the whole of the T20 blast, did he play the blast in 2018 for us?
    I hadn't seen that. In which case demand a decent wedge and perhaps we are already pot committed to filling our T20 overseas slots?
  • Options
    Disappointing. Interesting that he will play the whole of the T20 blast, did he play the blast in 2018 for us?
    I hadn't seen that. In which case demand a decent wedge and perhaps we are already pot committed to filling our T20 overseas slots?
    Linde is an issue too, as he hogs an overseas slot. A very Charltonish signing, can we blame the Charlton black box for that one?
  • Options
    Matt Henry signs for Somerset, why on earth have we not gone back in for him? 
    Thought it was a bit strange. Good bowler.
    Money talks!! lot of Kent's budget this year is going on renewing contracts.
  • Options
    Linde is an issue too, as he hogs an overseas slot. A very Charltonish signing, can we blame the Charlton black box for that one?
    And of course we already have Kane Richardson for the duration of the Blast. 
  • Options
    On paper Linde was a good signing, but didn't quite work out last year.
  • Options
    Great stuff, young Jas.

Hope to see you at Canterbury in the summer.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Two weeks today is our first fixture. I wonder how many beanies will be worn? And that's not including those worn by the spectators who will, no doubt, have blankets at the ready!
  • Options
    Just got a reminder email from Kent, addressed to "Nicola". I think I'll keep the name, it suits me  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got a reminder email from Kent, addressed to "Nicola". I think I'll keep the name, it suits me  :)
    lol i just got one addressed to Peter - not my name but at least they got the right sex

• Options
    Your weekend name?
  • Options
    Two weeks today is our first fixture. I wonder how many beanies will be worn? And that's not including those worn by the spectators who will, no doubt, have blankets at the ready!
    And possibly snow boots too!
  • Options
    How did we ever manage to fit everything in before The Hundred? 

• Options

"Sorry Jack, I don't think the pitch will take spin"
  • Options

"Sorry Jack, I don't think the pitch will take spin"
    "Sorry Rehan I don't think you're going to get a game on this pitch. This season."
  • Options
    New overseas signing to be announced at noon. A bowler it seems...

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Looks to me as if  Saini is back again, not sure what to make of that ! 

Correction - arshdeep Singh ! 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Left arm bowler available for 5 CC matches in June and July. Inexperienced, unexceptional red ball figures...

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/arshdeep-singh-to-join-kent-cricket-as-overseas-player-during-summer-2023/
  • Options
    Promising bowler but more known for his white ball exploits. At least there won't be any arguments in the Kent dressing room as to who is going to be number X1 - Arshdeep has the grand total of 145 runs in 133 professional matches!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the full list of our 23 contracted players (1st/2nd disciplines):

Daniel Bell-Drummond (Bat/Seamer)
    Sam Billings (Keeper/Bat)
    Alex Blake (Bat/Spinner) - White ball only
    Ben Compton (Bat)
    Jordan Cox (Bat/Keeper)
    Zak Crawley (Bat)
    Joe Denly (Bat/Spinner)
    Joey Evison (Bat/Seamer)
    Harry Finch (Bat/Keeper)
    Nathan Gilchrist (Seamer)
    Michael Hogan (Seamer)
    Fred Klaassen (Seamer) - White ball only?
    Jack Leaning (Bat/Spinner)
    George Linde (Spinner/Bat) - Overseas
    James Logan (Spinner)
    Tawanda Muyeye (Bat/Spinner)
    Marcus O'Riordan (Bat/Spinner)
    Hamidullah Qadri - (Spinner)
    Matt Quinn (Seamer)
    Kane Richardson (Seamer) - Overseas, Vitality Blast only
    Arshdeep Singh (Seamer) - Overseas, June/July CC only
    Jaskaran Singh (Seamer)
    Grant Stewart (Seamer/Bat)

• Options
    Interesting to see at the bottom of the article they mention further announcement on overseas signings due soon! 
    We Desperately need a bowler to fill in that early part of the season 
  • Options
    Elsewhere Middlesex have lost their overseas signing Keshav Maharaj before the season has started, after he ruptured an Achilles celebrating a wicket!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64941070
  • Options
    So, believe it or not, we have our first game starting tomorrow. 12 man squad below with Harry Finch to keep wicket and none of our 4 front line spinners available:

Full review here:

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/match-preview-middlesex-vs-kent/?fbclid=IwAR0gvVITya7_I_yfqu5K3lMoz3HSmb5lUjuOe8mLi3WvgKJO_KE7qM4zgls
  • Options
    Wow. Dreary weather this week, with lots of drizzle forecast. Darren Stevens bowling conditions...
  • Options
    With the current weather I'm not sure the lack of spinner is an issue, going to be damp green soft pitches
  • Options
    With the current weather I'm not sure the lack of spinner is an issue, going to be damp green soft pitches
    Absolutely and that is the problem, of course, for England's potential spinners - although Kent specifically mention those spinners as "being unavailable" rather than, perhaps, the more obvious reason for why not one of them, apart from Linde, would be likely to be in the squad given the conditions. 

• Options
    And we do have Joe's leggies as an option, so it's not as if we have zero spin options at all. 

I thought in previous years counties have gone over to the UAE for early practice matches?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    And we do have Joe's leggies as an option, so it's not as if we have zero spin options at all. 

I thought in previous years counties have gone over to the UAE for early practice matches?
    And Leaning and Muyeye bowl spin too. Some counties still do go abroad - Durham, for example, have been playing in Zimbabwe.  Kent opted to stay at home and I would imagine that this decision was, perhaps, a financial one although one also has to take into account how many of the first team have been playing overseas which in itself would undermine the idea. 
  • Options
    Thinking of buying a membership for myself and wife, but live in Dartford and was wondering what parking like in the vicinity of the ground, see they recommend the park and ride in old Dover street but for only around 750 cars and was thinking that it would be shared with tourists going into the town centre and would therefore fill up quickly. They also mention park and ride from this car park don’t say if it’s to the ground or the town centre, I struggle slightly with walking to far can do a mile or so, but much further is a right pain in my foot. Alternatively is there off street parking or other parking (pay) say in a nearby school. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
      Come and support Sussex, you’ll be able to park right near the ground even for T20. While getting the benefits of Brighton and Hove and the South Downs, you feel more at home watching Sussex. Watching Sussex is like watching Charlton. 
    Great sales pitch. 'Avoid like the plague' would have been just as good! I know we've just won two on the spin but Accrington and Fleetwood at home isn't the sort of thing I need across the summer  :D