Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

where exactly did Garner go wrong?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Spain last night was a good example where garner has gone wrong we are the Spain of division 3. Playing it around and getting no where. But we have players not even capable of playing like that doing it. You could see so early that Spain were not going to score so frustrating and boring. In contrast to Portugal now that’s how you need to play football not like the Spanish. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    The biggest problem with Garner was that he wasn't as good a manager as his own opinion of himself was.
    Very much my view of it. 4 EFL jobs, awful results in 3 of them.
  • Options
    edited March 17
    The last Charlton manager to be able to win three league games in a row…
  • Options
    He was an optimist, an idealist and not a pragmatist. It wouldnt surprise me if one day Garner does something good at a big club with lots of resources. You can clearly tell he has a philosophy of how he expects the game to be played and honestly i think if he was backed with resources he would do well, however for us he was lied to about what he was getting and probably was a bit too eager in going to Colchester.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Slightly bigging himself up there, by suggesting that giving Miles his debut makes him "a manager good with young players" as opposed to being like just about every Charlton manager since 2006.

He did well at Swindon, where he had a decent side for L2 that season, what he hasn't shown is the ability to go in and create a good side out of average players, like a Steve Evans can. Maybe he's better suited to PL Academy coaching.
  • Options
    Comes across quite well in that piece but do think after failing with Bristol Rovers, us and Colchester he's best suited in a Cat 1 academy working with age group players. 
  • Options
    He was an optimist, an idealist and not a pragmatist. It wouldnt surprise me if one day Garner does something good at a big club with lots of resources. You can clearly tell he has a philosophy of how he expects the game to be played and honestly i think if he was backed with resources he would do well, however for us he was lied to about what he was getting and probably was a bit too eager in going to Colchester.

If Holden can hit the jackpot like he did , then anything is possible.